Qty of Chapters differ btw Menu and when playing movie

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

ira

Qty of Chapters differ btw Menu and when playing movie

Post by ira »

I am using version Blu-ray Converter V4.0.0.60 but I do not believe this discovery is version specific.

My Chapter settings: "Keep source chapters."

When I click Chapters from Root Menu, there are at least 30 chapters. When I click next chapter during play there are 17 chapters (same as on the Blu-ray disc. I imagine the additional chapters from root menu has to do with s/w generating a chapter every 5 min. If so, why? I thought "Keep source chapters" inhibited additional chapters to be inserted by the s/w? I did not select "Don't generate any chapter" beliving that the source chapters would NOT be included.
Keep source chapters - selected.jpg
Ira
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Qty of Chapters differ btw Menu and when playing movie

Post by Claire »

If you go into the advanced editing window after loading your video(s) you can click on the chapter tab and see all the chapters listed. Look at the chapter times and see if it makes any sense to you.

Chapters also can be added when files are merged and or when user creates a cut section (at least this is the case in ConvertXtoDVD + ConvertXtoHD), could this apply to you?
ira

Post by ira »

Claire,

While you were sleeping I made some interesting discoveries.

What you need to know, said it before, VSO products are wonderful! None of what I report is critical, yet you folks evaluate everything. If findings are worthy of an update, Its available quickly. At times, it's a non-issue but rather a misunderstanding. So, no worries about anything I have shared with you.

Test with another BD title - call it BD #2:
A. Still selecting: "keep source chapters". Clicked Advanced Editing. Clicked Chapters icon. ONLY the 16 source chapters were in the list. - As I expected to see with the original title - cause for the post.
B. Changed Chapter Generation Method to: Don't generate any. No chapters in Chapter List. Understood!
C. Changed Chapter Generation Method to: Generate Automatic Chapters - Interval set to 10 min (never touched that). Chapter list showed a chapter every 10 min. Understood!

Back to Original Title: Look at the image
Observe Chapter list. It counts by 2's to 32 totaling 17 chapters. This was NOT the case for the BD #2.

Summary: Original title: When I play title total chapter number is (#/17) When viewed from the menu the number of chapter numbers assigned to icons is 32 when in fact there are 17 shown, counting by 2 totaling the "source" 17.
WHY were the chapters incorrectly numbered by VSO for the original title but not for the 2nd test BD title?

NEW questions regarding subtitles (again see image below):
a. Why does VSO default/select English subtitle tracks when you default to English video?
b. Why default to include ANY subtitles? I'm guessing the additional space taken by subtitle tracks could "never" take away from converted video quality?
b. Do you have any idea why there are two seemingly identical (from preview) English subtitle tracks on the disc? BTW: I also noticed 2 English subtitle tracks in the 2nd title tested.
c. Why would you select BOTH English subtitle tracks?
Advanced editing window - Default.jpg
Ira
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

ira wrote:
Summary: Original title: When I play title total chapter number is (#/17) When viewed from the menu the number of chapter numbers assigned to icons is 32 when in fact there are 17 shown, counting by 2 totaling the "source" 17.
WHY were the chapters incorrectly numbered by VSO for the original title but not for the 2nd test BD title?
I don't know it is a bug, but I did manage to reproduce with another blu-ray in our office, so it will be fixed in a future version, I will infom you.
ira wrote:NEW questions regarding subtitles (again see image below):
a. Why does VSO default/select English subtitle tracks when you default to English video?
b. Why default to include ANY subtitles? I'm guessing the additional space taken by subtitle tracks could "never" take away from converted video quality?
b. Do you have any idea why there are two seemingly identical (from preview) English subtitle tracks on the disc? BTW: I also noticed 2 English subtitle tracks in the 2nd title tested.
c. Why would you select BOTH English subtitle tracks?
Advanced editing window - Default.jpg
a. Actually we don't try to default select English. Once you load a film and select certain audio and subtitle tracks, any sequential movies you load will load the same languages you previously selected if they are available in the movies
b. same answer is "a." If none are selected, the choice "none" will be remembered for future uses
b. I have no idea, but you could play them in the preview window and see what the streams actually contain. Maybe one is for the hearing impaired, and one is regular subtitles?
c. related to "a"

And thanks for your kind comments.
ira

Post by ira »

Claire,

Allow me to thank YOU for being so kind to take the time to answer each question in detail. I am amazed that you found a title that did the skip chapter number game, too!

Tnx,
Ira
Ira
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

This is fixed in our latest beta version
http://forums.vso-software.fr/dvd-conve ... 18563.html
ira

Post by ira »

Claire,

Minor problem with vsoBlurayConverterUltimate4_setup_4.0.0.61. After it is installed you are greeted with:
Msg 4.0.0.61 - no beta gets dl'd.jpg

There is no 61b that gets d/l'd yet.

Ira
Ira
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Thanks for reporting, it is a exe hash problem on our side, it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks,

Claire
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »