Subtitles not working (anymore) correctly?

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

dosibo51

Subtitles not working (anymore) correctly?

Post by dosibo51 »

Hi,

I just ripped "Black Mass" Bonus tracks with English audio (only) + 2 German subtitles with "VSO Blu-ray Converter 4.0.0.7", M2TS, video remux (h.264 1080p), profile high, level 4.1, audio remux (dts blu-ray), subtitles remux (blu-ray subtitle).

For playing I'm using "VSO Media Player 1.5.3.511" from this .m2ts file but only 1-2 subtitles will be shown and the last one stays one the screen - the following subtitles won't be shown.

Update:
"When I use "VSO Media Player 1.5.3.511" from the original disc, subtitles will be shown correctly." Not true - Subtitles are also false like from the converted files.

VLC player 2.2.2 plays parts of the subtitles .. 3-4 subtitles, than no subtitles for 1-3 sentences, than again 3-4 subtitles, and so on.

Every time I notice problems with correct subtitles. Often inside a film another language comes up and I have no subtitles. :(

Do I have a wrong setting with the subtitles?

Thanks
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Subtitles not working (anymore) correctly?

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Sorry you have had this problem.

Can you tell us if you convert to blu-ray (not remuxing the subtitles streams) if you have this problem? If you want do a test of converting say the first 10 minutes by creating a cut section. How does this compare with your remuxed file? Do the subtitles display fine in the advanced editor when you play the video there?

Best if you can use the latest beta version for these tests
http://forums.vso-software.fr/dvd-conve ... 18563.html

I don't think the problem is related to settings you do not have set up correctly.

I am not sure what you mean by
Every time I notice problems with correct subtitles. Often inside a film another language comes up and I have no subtitles. :(
you want subtitles when none are provided - forced subtitles? when movie lanuage is english, but say some italian is used in a scene and that translation is not provided by our software (because you are already displaying another subtitle language stream)?