BR/DVD Converter 4, new BETA version! 4.0.0.61

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest BETA version - 3.6.0.17

Post by Claire »

Thanks for reporting, I'll try and reproduce.
ArmadilloMan

Post by ArmadilloMan »

I'm having an issue with both 3.6.0.17 and 3.6.0.16 with a specific disk. The disk is Black Sails season one disc 3. I have successfully converted the other discs, and the first episode on this disc. However, the second episode always stops at 38.42%. The time remaining at this point just continues to climb (and I've left it for several hours). At this point, CPU usage drops to about 1%, and all the log file shows is when the conversion started. The disc was successfully ripped by AnyDVD with no errors twice, but the issue keeps occuring. I've tried remuxing video, audio, and subs as well as converting all three and using the ac3 audio track instead of the DTS-HD. I've also tried a remux with no audio or subtitle tracks. The issue occurs on two separate machines, both of which have had no issues with conversions in the past:

Windows 10 Build 10130
i5-3570k @ 3.7Ghz
16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
GTX 980 Ti SLI

Windows Server 2012 R2
i7-2600k @ 3.4Ghz
12GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz
GTX 465
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@dosibo51
I thank you for helping us solve this problem. I just thought I would follow-up officially on the forum to say an official bug report has been opened for this issue you reported:
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=10097
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

ArmadilloMan wrote:I'm having an issue with both 3.6.0.17 and 3.6.0.16 with a specific disk. The disk is Black Sails season one disc 3. I have successfully converted the other discs, and the first episode on this disc. However, the second episode always stops at 38.42%. The time remaining at this point just continues to climb (and I've left it for several hours). At this point, CPU usage drops to about 1%, and all the log file shows is when the conversion started. The disc was successfully ripped by AnyDVD with no errors twice, but the issue keeps occuring. I've tried remuxing video, audio, and subs as well as converting all three and using the ac3 audio track instead of the DTS-HD. I've also tried a remux with no audio or subtitle tracks. The issue occurs on two separate machines, both of which have had no issues with conversions in the past:
For the files that don't convert successfully, can you play them in the preview window (in the advanced editor)? Can you seek?
ArmadilloMan

Post by ArmadilloMan »

I tried playing the file in Blu Ray Converter and it makes it to about 27 minutes in, then buffers to 97% repeatedly.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

What is the name of the blu-ray? Are the scenes more complex around 27 minutes?
ArmadilloMan

Post by ArmadilloMan »

Sorry for the delayed response. The disc is Black Sails Season 1 Disc 3. The scene doesn't appear particularly complex (not a lot of movement going on). I would be happy to set up an FTP server so you can download the disc in question, if needed.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for your proposal, I've sent you an email.
dosibo51

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.35

Post by dosibo51 »

Just ripped a BR (The Imitation Game) with 3.6.0.35 beta - and finally no audio is in the file:

After some investigation (ripped also some other BR) I noticed that 3.6.0.35 does not remember the language for audio & subtitle anymore.

Under the film is written "Please select an audio track", "No subtitle track selected" - and doesn't remember to the previous setting as until 3.6.0.30 (in my case both "German").

Finally I ripped the film above without an audio part. ;)
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.35

Post by Claire »

thanks for your report will be fixed in the next version.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.36

Post by Claire »

new beta posted
LivingBeaverton

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.37

Post by LivingBeaverton »

OK, when I go into advance edit on DVD and start to hit play, the DVD recorder chashes
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.37

Post by Claire »

Thanks for reporting. I couldn't reproduce does it happen all the time even with different DVDs?
Yuri

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.44

Post by Yuri »

BR/DVD Converter v3.6.0.45:

a bug with the crop function?

If the "Remove the black bars" button in the Advanced editor is pressed, the resulting cropped resolution of the source is applied to the rip, ignoring the selected preset. Is it possible to group ALL the output settings on one tab, like it is in handbrake or vidcoder? Now they are spread all over the interface for some reason. One source = one preset for all settings would be much better.
LivingBeaverton

Re: BR/DVD Converter latest version - 3.6.0.45

Post by LivingBeaverton »

Is there a new link to updated beta versions?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: BR/DVD Converter 4, new beta version! 4.0.0.5

Post by Claire »

Yuri and LivingBeaverton
see our latest beta version
http://forums.vso-software.fr/dvd-conve ... 18563.html
sabre

Post by sabre »

Blu-ray Converter - The temporary folder location cannot be changed to something else within Settings/Video capture.

(For any of the capturing methods).
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for informing us will be fixed in next version.
sabre

Post by sabre »

You're welcome. :)
maonstad

Re: BR/DVD Converter 4, new beta version! 4.0.0.11

Post by maonstad »

Ok, I found that there maybe a couple of bugs. But here goes.
Upon selecting in the Blu Ray section (Trying to take a 50gb disk and compress it 25gb):
1) I select normalize audio. It tries to normalize all audio (even though I didn't select the bonus's). I think that the normalize audio should be only doing the selected main audio and no others as in the beginning.
2) I unchecked the Convert Audio to AC-3 (keeping DTS-MA), and there is no sound or very little. It looks like it changes it to -30DB down and so you can't hear it. I would like dts audio.
3) I check the Convert Audio to AC-3 and it converts it perfectly and there is Audio.