Cant convert DVD created by ConvertXtoDVD

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

skypilotpete

Cant convert DVD created by ConvertXtoDVD

Post by skypilotpete »

I have an mpeg-ps video from my camera, which I need to convert to another video format, but I don't have any software that will do the job. So I decided to try converting it to DVD first, with ConvertXtoDVD, then using DVD Converter to convert to another format. So, using ConvertXtoDVD 4, I created the DVD without any problems. Then I attempted to import the DVD into DVD Converter Ultimate, but got the message "Selected HD structure doesn't contain any valid video stream". I tried playing the DVD in VLC, and it worked fine. I tried converting the DVD with a competing company's software (which I don't like at all), and it was able to convert it without any problems (but I don't like the quality of the conversion). I had been using DVD Converter 2.1.1.27, so I downloaded 2.1.1.32 and tried again - same error message.

I did the conversion to DVD twice, just to make sure. The first time I used Gaussian (VSO) as the resize filter, the second time I used Box (VSO), just so something was different, not because I thought that might be the cause of the problem.

Can anyone help me with this? It seems pretty wierd that one piece of VSO software can't hand a DVD created by another piece of VSO software.

Windows 7 64 Home. ConvertXtoDVD 4. DVD Converter Ultimate 2.1.1.27 & 2.1.1.32
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Cant convert DVD created by ConvertXtoDVD

Post by Claire »

Can you try with DVD Converter 2.1.1.34?

I can load ConvertXtoDVD made conversions into it myself.
skypilotpete

Post by skypilotpete »

I have tried with 2.1.1.34 and it still can't load the DVD. It still says "Selected HD structure doesn't contain any valid video stream". I can convert other DVDs created with ConvertXtoDVD. It is just this one particular mpeg-1 file from my camera, converted to DVD with ConvertXtoDVD, which DVD Converter cannot seem to handle.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for trying, I have reproduced the problem and reported it here
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=6533

It should be corrected soon