Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.35, beta version available!

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

tryout

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.28, beta version available!

Post by tryout »

Here is my feedback:

Firstly I think it would be fair, friendly and respectful to let people (computer owners) decide if allowing the software open the browser or NOT and connect to VSO by simply ticking a box.
I had my Firefox closed and loaded with 20+ tabs also slow internet speed and no more download data available.
Installing and unistalling several times VSO software lead to an annoying and frustrating pattern of opening, closing and opening and closing the browser without my "permission", that is quite annoying and a waste of time.

I installed Blu-Ray Converter 2.1.1.28 on the top of a previous version (first mistake) so it created a "2" folder path then I opened the program and couldn't see any menu change as per the change log claim "The visual interface has been completely reworked".
I feel like the forum thread leads to a misunderstanding, at the top thread it's claimed the latest beta version 2.1.1.28 with change log then the first download link takes to the previuos version 2.1.1.27, then follows the change log and as I said I see no interface change in the program nor video padding/cropping features etc. etc. if compared with the previous 2.1.1.27.

I chose to unistall it and start from scratch, Your Uninstaller says that the Blu-Ray Converter isn't listed in the add-remove applications (we are back to Windows 95) so I used VSO uninstaller utility.
I restarted the system and cleaned with CCleaner, then I searched the system drive and still found left overs and deleted them all.
I reinstalled the program but I think that VSO installer can still see the previous installation threfore it "stubbornly" keeps on creating a "2" folder path even so I tell not to do it: ProgramFiles(x86)/vso/Blu-ray Converter Ultimate/2.
After installation again browser opened over and over as per the above, it's just too frustrating.

I tried to convert an iso image of Blu-ray, started the program and surprise this is a trial version and it can only convert 10 minutes, I lost the key with the pre-installed version that came with the computer also I think there is no way to fully test this software "before" buying it, I need to check if the video is still good at the end of the movie as well as if there isn't any audio-video delay problem.

The program still keeps on taking control of Windows's optical drives in Explorer, for example I unload a DVD but the drive's icon is still stacked and showing the previous content.
With 2.1.1.27 the problem was fixed by simply closing Blu-Ray Converter but now with 2.1.1.28 the icon still shows the old DVD content.
The drives also lost the autoplay features while Blu-ray Converter is running.

The annoying access violation warning seems disappeared from Windows BUT now the program creates a crash log file I think it's for you guys to test the issue.

So far I spent several hours to understand this software behaviour and only got a 10 minutes dvd movie plus I lost the previous software key, I think it was better I kept on playing with 2.1.1.27.

BTW Happy New Year to all.

Edit: access violation warning is still there.
Attachments
crash_list.crashlist.txt
(227 Bytes) Downloaded 385 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20121231.134021.349.log
(6.99 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Windows DVD drive.jpg
Virtual DVD drive.jpg
Program interface.jpg
DVD screenshot.jpg
Blu-ray screenshot.jpg
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback which is much appreciated.
tryout wrote:Here is my feedback:

Firstly I think it would be fair, friendly and respectful to let people (computer owners) decide if allowing the software open the browser or NOT and connect to VSO by simply ticking a box.
I had my Firefox closed and loaded with 20+ tabs also slow internet speed and no more download data available.
Installing and unistalling several times VSO software lead to an annoying and frustrating pattern of opening, closing and opening and closing the browser without my "permission", that is quite annoying and a waste of time.
I understand this can be frustrating.
tryout wrote:I installed Blu-Ray Converter 2.1.1.28 on the top of a previous version (first mistake) so it created a "2" folder path then I opened the program and couldn't see any menu change as per the change log claim "The visual interface has been completely reworked".
I feel like the forum thread leads to a misunderstanding, at the top thread it's claimed the latest beta version 2.1.1.28 with change log then the first download link takes to the previous version 2.1.1.27, then follows the change log and as I said I see no interface change in the program nor video padding/cropping features etc. etc. if compared with the previous 2.1.1.27.
I have updated the post to make it clearer.
tryout wrote:I chose to unistall it and start from scratch, Your Uninstaller says that the Blu-Ray Converter isn't listed in the add-remove applications (we are back to Windows 95) so I used VSO uninstaller utility.
What VSO Clean? If you uninstall from the Control Panel of Windows you should see our application listed. And we also provide an uninstall link under Start. I don't think I understand or am missing something.
tryout wrote:I restarted the system and cleaned with CCleaner, then I searched the system drive and still found left overs and deleted them all.
I reinstalled the program but I think that VSO installer can still see the previous installation threfore it "stubbornly" keeps on creating a "2" folder path even so I tell not to do it: ProgramFiles(x86)/vso/Blu-ray Converter Ultimate/2.
After installation again browser opened over and over as per the above, it's just too frustrating.
You should be able to specify your own path file, but default it does install to a folder "C:\Program Files\VSO\Blu-ray Converter Ultimate\2"
tryout wrote:I tried to convert an iso image of Blu-ray, started the program and surprise this is a trial version and it can only convert 10 minutes, I lost the key with the pre-installed version that came with the computer also I think there is no way to fully test this software "before" buying it, I need to check if the video is still good at the end of the movie as well as if there isn't any audio-video delay problem.
If you have never purchased the software yourself then you can only use the trial, if you have pruchased contact us to see if version 2 can be free for you or get your discount.
tryout wrote:The program still keeps on taking control of Windows's optical drives in Explorer, for example I unload a DVD but the drive's icon is still stacked and showing the previous content.
With 2.1.1.27 the problem was fixed by simply closing Blu-Ray Converter but now with 2.1.1.28 the icon still shows the old DVD content.
I don't quite understand - are these the screenshots you uploaded?
tryout wrote:The annoying access violation warning seems disappeared from Windows BUT now the program creates a crash log file I think it's for you guys to test the issue.

So far I spent several hours to understand this software behaviour and only got a 10 minutes dvd movie plus I lost the previous software key, I think it was better I kept on playing with 2.1.1.27.

BTW Happy New Year to all.

When you get the access violation?
tryout

Post by tryout »

Claire wrote:
tryout wrote: Firstly I think it would be fair, friendly and respectful to let people (computer owners) decide if allowing the software open the browser or NOT and connect to VSO by simply ticking a box.
I understand this can be frustrating.
Same problem with AVS, I just tried their software and dumped it straight away (and goodbye), I really hate when the browser opens without my permission!
tryout wrote:As I said I see no interface change in the program nor video padding/cropping features etc. etc. if compared with the previous 2.1.1.27.
What about the interface and cropping etc. etc. changes in 2.1.1.28? I can't see any of those or is something wrong with my station?
Claire wrote:
tryout wrote:I chose to unistall it and start from scratch, Your Uninstaller says that the Blu-Ray Converter isn't listed in the add-remove applications (we are back to Windows 95) so I used VSO uninstaller utility.

What VSO Clean? If you uninstall from the Control Panel of Windows you should see our application listed. And we also provide an uninstall link under Start. I don't think I understand or am missing something.
That is something I don't get too but it regards to Your Uninstaller itself I just double checked it, I select a program from the list and click on advanced uninstall then the program says the software isn't in the add remove list. Double clicking on the program icon gives the right options.
Claire wrote:
tryout wrote:I reinstalled the program but I think that VSO installer can still see the previous installation threfore it "stubbornly" keeps on creating a "2" folder path even so I tell not to do it: ProgramFiles(x86)/vso/Blu-ray Converter Ultimate/2.
You should be able to specify your own path file, but default it does install to a folder "C:\Program Files\VSO\Blu-ray Converter Ultimate\2"
I thought it created the "2" folder path because of a previous installation but if that is the standard path, then it doesn't bother me anymore.
Claire wrote:
tryout wrote:I lost the key with the pre-installed version that came with the computer also I think there is no way to fully test this software "before" buying it, I need to check if the video is still good at the end of the movie as well as if there isn't any audio-video delay problem.
If you have never purchased the software yourself then you can only use the trial, if you have pruchased contact us to see if version 2 can be free for you or get your discount.
I bought this system from another user who installed the program, maybe he had the key maybe not BUT for sure I'll stick only trying it, I know VSO is well regarded for its Converxtodvd but I think this Blu-ray Converter isn't still ready, at least for now.
Claire wrote:
tryout wrote:The program still keeps on taking control of Windows's optical drives in Explorer, for example I unload a DVD but the drive's icon is still stacked and showing the previous content.
I don't quite understand - are these the screenshots you uploaded?
I took the screenshots after I closed Blu-ray Converter, the problem you can see from the optical drives's graphic icons and description still show that there is a disk loaded in it while there is nothing so Windows' popup is advising the error.
Claire wrote:
tryout wrote:The annoying access violation warning seems disappeared from Windows BUT now the program creates a crash log file I think it's for you guys to test the issue.
When you get the access violation?
Only after I close the program, it doesn't happen all the time so I think the issue relates to an operation done within the program.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

tryout wrote: What about the interface and cropping etc. etc. changes in 2.1.1.28? I can't see any of those or is something wrong with my station?
I don't know I see the crop padding functions.
tryout wrote:That is something I don't get too but it regards to Your Uninstaller itself I just double checked it, I select a program from the list and click on advanced uninstall then the program says the software isn't in the add remove list. Double clicking on the program icon gives the right options.
I don't see where this is, I don't have an advanced uninstall.
Claire wrote: When you get the access violation?
tryout wrote:Only after I close the program, it doesn't happen all the time so I think the issue relates to an operation done within the program.
ok thanks
Attachments
Snap304.jpg
tryout

Post by tryout »

Claire wrote:I don't know I see the crop padding functions.
Sorry my misunderstanding, I got it.
tryout wrote:access violation warning is still there.
If you open the program and close it afterward without loading any video then the warning message doesn't pop up.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.29, beta version available!

Post by Claire »

a new version has been posted
tryout

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.29, beta version available!

Post by tryout »

The warnings are still there in addition now if you don't close it and open other windows or programs (like I used Paint to save the screenshots) the warning message's window replicates forever.
I think it must be Windows' related, my UAC is turned off and the the problem only occurs when you load a video.

Edit: the warning only appears if you load a new video (I loaded an iso image) that you "never" loaded before.
Attachments
Untitled5.jpg
Untitled4.jpg
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg
crash_list.crashlist.txt.txt
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20130112.082202.704.log
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.30, beta version available!

Post by Claire »

new version posted please try again with it - thanks for your help.
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

For those who don't install in the default path, it would be very helpful if the BD Converter 2 setup could check the current installation path and use this as default instead of the factory default. Currently, apart from the fact that you need to select the path again each time, the installer adds a "\2" to the path which just doesn't make much sense for a user defined path.
tryout

Post by tryout »

Claire wrote:new version posted please try again with it - thanks for your help.
The problem is still there:
The warning message replicates forever any time I minimize or maximize an already opened application's window.
I installed the program on the top of the previous version if this can be of any help.

I also loaded an iso image created with Anydvd HD so I was thinking it might be something related to Bluray disc protection, just an idea.
0xdeadbeef wrote:For those who don't install in the default path, it would be very helpful if the BD Converter 2 setup could check the current installation path and use this as default instead of the factory default. Currently, apart from the fact that you need to select the path again each time, the installer adds a "\2" to the path which just doesn't make much sense for a user defined path.
I'm a more advanced user (but always learning) and I had same problem with the "2" path folder, I think it just makes no sense because it tricked me thinking VSO software created a 2nd program installation path in addition to the old one without replacing it. I also think (if I still remember) I tried to change the installation path without the "2" folder but then VSO software created it anyways, so I gave up.
Attachments
Windows crash report.txt
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 359 times
Windows crash report.jpg
Message2.jpg
Message.jpg
crash_list.crashlist.txt
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20130116.090835.546.log
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Can you uninstall with this tool
http://download2.vso-software.fr/CleanVSO.exe

and then install 2.1.1.30 and try again?

If you still have the problem can we connect to your machine to troubleshoot?
tryout

Post by tryout »

Claire wrote:Can you uninstall with this tool
http://download2.vso-software.fr/CleanVSO.exe

and then install 2.1.1.30 and try again?

If you still have the problem can we connect to your machine to troubleshoot?
Still the same problem.
Uninstalled with the cleaning utility, installed program, it still remembers the previous settings such as output folder.

Unfortunately the computer isn't available for outside access.
Did you try on different machines, did you experience the same problem or not?
Attachments
Windows log.txt
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 325 times
crash_list.crashlist.txt
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20130117.233801.734.log
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks for your testing. No we have not been able to reproduce the problem.
tryout

Post by tryout »

New test with different computer same method:
Asus N53J laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Attachments
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 7873 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20130119.190634.054.log
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Last edited by tryout on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
tryout

Post by tryout »

No problems with this computer configuration:
An old desktop HP running Windows XP Professional SP3 32bit
Attachments
crash_list.crashlist.txt
(152 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20130120.134519.015.log
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
BRDVD2_mainlog_.20130120.134409.734.log
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
alan1476

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.31, beta version available!

Post by alan1476 »

HI Cedric;
for the last few versions the Converters, both of them , do not hold the " Visual Theme" after closing and opening the program. :(
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.32, beta version available!

Post by Claire »

thanks for reporting, it has been corrected in the latest version.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.34, beta version available!

Post by Claire »

new version posted
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Blu-ray converter 2.1.1.35, beta version available!

Post by Claire »