Need a little advice please.

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Mythril

Need a little advice please.

Post by Mythril »

Hi guys.

I've stumbled across this web site and forum just out of pure chance really whilst trying to find out some information. I bought a 3D TV a while ago and I own a bluray player. My collection of Bluray movies is starting to grow but unfortunately a few of my movies have been damaged by a member of my family. It's heart breaking to have to go out and buy them again so I'm looking into backing up the good ones.

What I understand is that most (if not all) Bluray movies are massive, 40+ gig and 50gig blank Blurays are so expensive it's just not even plausible to buy them but 25 gig blanks are cheap enough. Will this Blu-Ray Converter program be able to convert my 40+ gig movies to fit onto a 25 gig blank disc including 3D movies (3D movies being the main ones I want to shrink/backup) ? I know that I'll loose some quality in the process but at least they are back up and that's all that matters to me at present.

Many thanks for any advice you can throw my way and I look forward to your replies.

Mythril.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Need a little advice please.

Post by Claire »

Currently the Blu-ray Converter program is not converting to BD 50 to BD 25 if that is what you want. This will be added in the future.

You can make a backup to MKV or AVI (both being HD).

You want to make backups to physical disks? not to to a harddrive?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

I would not convert/shrink 3D movies, risk of getting scrambled mess is too great.
Normal movies can be converted easily.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Mythril

Post by Mythril »

Thanks for your replies.

I'll look in on this program again when it's able to shrink a bd50(3D) to bd25. Good luck :)

Regards,

Mythril