Feature Requests

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

steptoe

Feature Requests

Post by steptoe »

Any chance of adding these, as per convertxtodvd

Under the custom profiles option, there isn't an option for a 'pass through' option for the framerates, this has to be entered manually which means working out what the source framerate was. Not difficult to find out using virtually any media player but means creating two different profiles for NTSC or PAL framerates

Also, if upscaling/downscaling any chance of adding the same scalers as used in ConvertXtoDVD if you are downscaling to DVD to watch on a small media player, such as an ipod/Mobile photo

Ability to keep or change the aspect ratio

Ability to crop the video before converting to a video file, again as per ConvertXtoDVD

Thanks
tectpro

Re: Feature Requests

Post by tectpro »

A great feature would be 2 pass encoding for better quality at lower bitrate.
An advanced user setting would be nice, where you can enter
1. bitrate you want and a framerate like source feature
2. 1 pass / 2 pass (1st pass fast) feature
3. enable / disable : decomb, trellis, maximum b-frames, reference frames, cabac, 8x8 transition, weighted p-frames, pyramidal-b frames feature, adaptive b-frames, adaptive driect mode, motion estimation method, subpixel me & mode decission, adaptive quantisation strength, psychovisual rate distortion, deblocking

I know its alot but would it be possible?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Some of these things will be added but all that are mentioned I am not sure.

We will come back with more information soon.
amk

Post by amk »

[quote="steptoe"]Any chance of adding these, as per convertxtodvd

Under the custom profiles option, there isn't an option for a 'pass through' option for the framerates, this has to be entered manually which means working out what the source framerate was. Not difficult to find out using virtually any media player but means creating two different profiles for NTSC or PAL framerates

Also, if upscaling/downscaling any chance of adding the same scalers as used in ConvertXtoDVD if you are downscaling to DVD to watch on a small media player, such as an ipod/Mobile photo

Ability to keep or change the aspect ratio

Ability to crop the video before converting to a video file, again as per ConvertXtoDVD

Thanks[/quote]

nice suggestions buddy ... i also vote for these [IMG]http://imagicon.info/cat/13-7/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi all,

We are working on the next version 2, there is the list of the new feature request already added:

@steptoe:
- In current version the source video framerate is always used by default for encoding a single file (avi, mkv, mp4...), for DVD output case, pulldown is applied if needed.
In version 2 you have the possibility to use the video source framerate OR to specify the target framerate.
- In current version, 3 different resize filters (same as ConvertX) can be used. They can be changed by selecting the "video quality" setting (normal quality = FAST LINEAR, good quality = LINEAR, high quality = LANCZOS)
- Aspect ratio/cropping/padding feature is already implemented in version 2

@amk
- the ability to choose the target video bitrate is already implemented in version 2, framerate selection too
- 2 pass encoding is in our task list, but will not be available in first beta version
- all advanced encoder settings are now accessible in custom profile editor. Some other settings specific to a codec are available too (like profile & level for H264, profile for AAC...)

I hope the first version 2 beta version will be published soon, you can send me an email to request the alpha version I'm working on. At this time we are working on subtitles, only merged subtiles works.

Thank you!