Unable to load new project when started from a folder

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Frederik

Unable to load new project when started from a folder

Post by Frederik »

After a load from folder operation the previous details can't be deleted even thiygh the "clear project" button is selected.

The old project name remains and the new folder can't be loaded?

If the program is shut down the old project remains on restarting and can't be cleared?

If a project is loaded from disc and then not proceeded with ONE project can be loaded that will not clear until a project is loaded from disc again.

In summary: The only way to clear a project loaded from a folder is to load a project from disc and then load a project from a folder.
Frederik

Re: Unable to load new project when started from a folder

Post by Frederik »

Update:

The workaround of loading a DVD to clear is no longer working which means that loading from folders cannot be used because the old project will not clear?
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Fixed with 1.3.0.0
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I retract the last post, it is not fixed!

It worked for several titles extracting the DVD structure from hard-drive folders to avi's. As soon as I changed the output to mkv it stuck again - no new title can be input - the project is stuck on a previous title and I can go no further!

I love the idea of the the program and I have loved VSO for years BUT can you make it do what it supposed to do?
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Even uninstalling and reinstalling does not help - the project will not accept a new project, it is stuck!
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hello,

Can you please provide me 1-2-3 step list on how to reproduce your problem with version 1.3.0.0?

Please be specific on if you are loading a file from your harddrive or optical drive. If it could be related to the problem can you please tell us the name of the movie you are using.

Are you loading by dragging and dropping or by using the DVD button to load with the browser window/ or remembered path files?

Would the solution to your problem be simply to add a "new project" button, that would clear the current movie loaded in the interface?

If a screenshot would help us see what is going on, please post one.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I can load a folder from my harddrive (using DVD button), and then load another folder from my harddrive using DVD button (click yes clear previous project) and new project loads without any problem. Name of project is updated and audio and subtitle tracks are updated corresponding to new movie loaded.

(Maybe if new movie does not have a project name that can be detected the "project name" field is not updated, could this be your problem?)
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

In a direct email you mention this being related to Divx Player? Why?
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Hi Claire,

No, this problem does not seem to be related to DivX software?

I have a separate problem where out from DVD Converter will not play properly in DivX Player and is not accepted as a valid file in DivX Converter. The two problems may have been confused?

Thanks
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

This problem obviously needs more explanation:

Refer to the log file attached and see how often the title "From Beginning to End" appears.

E:\VOBs need converting\VSO done\From Beginning to End (Júlia Lemmertz, Fábio Assunção 2009)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO is the last movie that was successfully converted. The title was loaded from a folder containing the DVD structure.

If I open DVD converter, click on the icon for “ Click here to load your video structure” and “load from folder” and then select a new folder containing VOB files the “ clear project" dialogue box appears, I then select “ yes” and then the video structure for “Beginning to End (Júlia Lemmertz, Fábio Assunção 2009” loads, EVERY TIME. Exactly the same result occurs if I drag and drop files from a new folder, that is, the video structure “Beginning to End (Júlia Lemmertz, Fábio Assunção 2009” loads istead of the new title that was selected.

I have tried to find where the value “From Beginning to End (Júlia Lemmertz, Fábio Assunção 2009)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO” is stored, it is not in the registry? I cannot find it anywhere that the application stores data. I have amended and then deleted the registry value “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VSO\DVD Converter Ultimate\1.0\BDMVInputFolders” = no change.

If I select “load from disc” everthing work properly?

I no longer have the DVDs that I ripped the structure from or it would be a simple job to re-rip the movie using DVD Converter I need to have the ability to load from a folder.
Attachments
BR_and_DVD_Converters.log
(163.93 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

One thing you can try: change name of that folder, remove all non-standard characters and try again.
Best is to remove this part totally: "(Júlia Lemmertz, Fábio Assunção 2009)"
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Can you also try with this new version 1.3.0.1 and let us know if you still have the problem?
Download 1.3.0.1
http://www.vso-software.fr/download_pro ... erultimate
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Thanks for your help.

I Downloaded/installed new version.

I had already tried renaming the OLD input folder – the program seems to follow the name change and proffers the new folder as the input.

I DELETED the old folder and something very strange happens.
Image1.jpg
See image 1: I select a new title for input (Secuestro Express) from a folder containing ripped DVDs.

The title that is loaded is something seemingly taken at random from the folder in this case it is “Fogi is a Bastard” shown in Image 2?
Image2.jpg
If I select Secustro Express again it is not loaded but the name of the input folder changes to “Fogi is a Bastard_1” (note the underscore+1) see image 3.
Image3.jpg
and I still cannot load Secuestro Express.

IF I DELETE the folder “Fogi...) from the input folder and try and try loading “Secuestro...”, again, ANOTHER random title is chosen from the input folder (Frisk, seen in the log)?

Screenshots and log attached.
Attachments
BR_and_DVD_Converters.log
(175.47 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Sorry, just can not reproduce your problem.
Loading and reloading works perfectly.

It seems that there is something wrong with your system, something is preventing change or messing your system.
Do full checkup - check discs for errors, repair errors; check for trojans/viruses; check disc for fragmentation, defrag; clean system with CCleaner.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Very baffling.

i am sure my system is fine - there are no problems with anything else and my maintenance is good?

Will double-check
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

There is definitely a problem with the program.

I installed the program on another computer (also Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and immediately replicated the fault so the fault is not with the my computer?

Have you tested with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit because I can assure you that the problem occurs EVERTIME when using this computer specification.

I will attempt to find another computer with different specs to test and will advise further.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I have now installed the program on ANOTHER computer (Vista 32-bit) and the problem reoccurs.

If load from folder is selected and the folder containing the title to be input has more than ONE folder input selection does not work properly. Another folder is selected instead.

Proven on three different computers?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

I have tried and tried with Windows 7 64-bit Premium and can not reproduce.
Then I did tests with Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate, can not reproduce.

Something is really odd; you are only one getting this.
Can you test once more in clean system (no DVD converter installed), download new copy from VSO, install in test mode and try?
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

This just gets weirder and weirderer.

Thanks for your help.

Your last suggestion was exactly what I did for machines 2 & 3 that I tested on.

I have produced a screen capture video that shows what is happening that I cannot add as an attachment so I have posted at https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... C337E!1500.

Firstly I show the folder "VOBs that need converting" that contains multiple folders that contain DVD structures. I show the contents of the folder "Baader Meinhof Complex, The" that I wish to convert.

I then start DVD converter and drag the "Baader Meinhof Complex, The" folder as input. Note that although I am dragging "Baader Meinhof" the popup is showing "Frisk...".

The input selection dialog shows "Frisk...".

I then opt to select the folder as input, same again.

I then select ANOTHER folder = same again.

Whenever proferred I select "clear project" this appears to be the problem area as the project is never being cleared?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

This is really baffling; I tried what you did in your video, only difference that my folder names do not contain any special characters.
I can not reproduce this.
If I opened same folder twice then it got renamed, _1 added to end. Then opening same or any other folder simply did as it should, opened correct folder.
No matter if I opened same two or three times, drag&drop or use browser, still works.