Forced subtitles

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Floppy

Forced subtitles

Post by Floppy »

Hello,

i miss the very important possibility to select only forced subtitle tracks. Most people do not like subtitles, but
they want to see forced subtitles. Do you plan to offer this feature in the near future?

Best regards,
Floppy
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Forced subtitles

Post by Claire »

you mean incrusted in the video?
Floppy

Post by Floppy »

Claire wrote:you mean incrusted in the video?
Yes!
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

this is not planned at least not for the near future.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

This feature request will be added (very) soon...

Thanks.
BenieUK

Post by BenieUK »

cedric wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
THANK YOU !!!
Floppy

Post by Floppy »

cedric wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
Thank you very much!
BenieUK

Post by BenieUK »

Is the option to select only forced subs on movies like avatar, the mummy 3 etc.. still in the works?
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

Which option do you mean?

Selectable:
Subtitles - full
Subtitles - only in some areas

Non selectable:
Subtitles burned to movie

One issue that many do not notice is Closed Caption-type.
That subtitle type is not available on HD (HD or BluRay) at all, and it can be optional or forced in NTSC dvd. It is not supported in PAL dvd format at all.
Most encoders can find that stream from original, but it can be forced only on NTSC dvd. PAL dvd has it like any subtitle track after conversion, and HD formats do not support CC.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
BenieUK

Post by BenieUK »

In avatar only some times they speak NAVI (forced subs), i would like to select the english subs for the NAVI speaking parts only and have them burned into my MP4 1080p CUDA, at the moment the option we have is subs for the WHOLE movie or NOT AT ALL :(
eon_designs

Post by eon_designs »

Some success. :D

Managed to get forced subs working with MKV. Although there are some odd artefacts at the end of each line. But it is early days so I am sure they will get sorted

Had to select a subtitle track from the main menu, then select forced subtitles and tick add additional subs from the advanced menu in order to get it working.

Thanks. This converter is just getting better and better

Eon.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback...
Yes, artefacts at subtitle end is now fixed.

"Had to select a subtitle track from the main menu, then select forced subtitles and tick add additional subs from the advanced menu in order to get it working. "

-> I don't understand why you must select a subtitle track in main menu?
I think you started a conversion with your own custom profile (MKV with subtitle track merged in video)?

In merged subtitle mode, you must unselect all subtitle tracks in tree to activate forced subtitle setting.

Can you give me more details about your conversion steps? (output profile used, forced subtitle settings...)

Thanks!
eon_designs

Post by eon_designs »

Hello

Yes I was using a custom profile = MKV H264 CUDA with AC3 audio and Subtitles merged in Video.

The first test was selecting the first subtitle track in the main menu and then selecting forced subtitles from the advanced menu. This resulted in all subtitles being shown all the time.

The second test was the same as above but ticking the add additional subtitle track in the advanced menu. This resulted in only the forced subtitles being shown :D

I did not try only selecting forced subtitles from the advanced menu and not selecting any subtitles from the main menu. I'll try that tomorrow and report back.

Thanks. Eon.
eon_designs

Post by eon_designs »

Good news.

Tried again, did not select any subs from the main menu, just ticked the add additional subs from the advanced menu and it all worked perfectly. The odd artefacts have all gone, the text is lovely and smooth no pixelation at all.

Fantastic.

Let me know when I can try the forced subs with the conversion to DVD.

Many thanks. Eon. :D
sparky

Post by sparky »

Tried Avatar set to Dvd Pal/16.9 and DVD5 SL 4.7gb output, using both HQ and Normal after unselecting all subs and ticking the option for forced subtitles from the advanced menu, but no forced subs at all in the finished copies. Using the 1.4.0.8 version at the moment, do I need to update to a new beta to get this function to work properly. Thankyou
Golden Membership Proud Owner