Blu-ray to DVD (new release 1.2.0.4)

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Blu-ray to DVD (new release 1.2.0.4)

Post by Benjamin »

New Blu-ray to DVD Converter, download now!

Download Blu-ray to DVD or Buy Now

What it does:
- Compress and burn Blu-ray disks to single or double layer DVDs.
- Choose which audio and subtitle file you want to add to your final result. A menu is created and the process works for Blu-ray movies, series, documentations and other disks. 3D Blu-ray movies are not supported yet.

*If copying from Blu-ray disks (opposed to a rip that is already on your harddrive), a decrypter of some sort is need to remove the protection from the disk, so that our software can read the contents of the disk. More information on removing protection.

Any questions or comments are welcome.
If you find a problem or are having difficulties please contact us.

Goldmembers get your key for free.

Guide on how to convert Blu-ray to DVD

*** The last Blu-ray to DVD beta version (1.2.0.10) can be downloaded here : ***
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/Blura ... _setup.exe
All feedbacks are welcome...

Thanks.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Can't install on my system: Windows 7 x64.

Code: Select all

Internal error: Failed to get non empty installation "AppId"
XXX14

Post by XXX14 »

Kincaid wrote:Can't install on my system: Windows 7 x64.

delete the exe. file and try redownloading it and installing sounds like you got a corrupt download it happens.
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

XXX14 wrote:
Kincaid wrote:Can't install on my system: Windows 7 x64.

delete the exe. file and try redownloading it and installing sounds like you got a corrupt download it happens.
I tried more than 4 different downloads using 3 different browsers. :(
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

The installer was bad. VSO has since posted a newer installer and it worked fine. I checked the digital signatures.
Kipper

Post by Kipper »

The Blu-ray to DVD converter program is sweet

Been playing with it today and backing up AVATAR to DVD turns out great, perfect sync of audio with video and video quality is superb.

Using it with AnyDVDHD.
XXX14

Post by XXX14 »

Works great here too, I also did avatar and a couple other Blu ray titles I am very pleased with the program. :D
Echuir

Post by Echuir »

I have been using it for a few weeks. It has worked great for me. I have done over 8 backups with minimal problems which have been fixed or are in the pipeline to be fixed if possible.
raymondtrudeau

Post by raymondtrudeau »

can someone tell me how to make this work? i have the main movie on my hard drive all ready ripped from any dvd hd...it is in a blu ray structure bur no matter how i try to open it.. it says this is not a proper bluray structure and cant open.....
zebadee

Post by zebadee »

raymondtrudeau wrote:can someone tell me how to make this work? i have the main movie on my hard drive all ready ripped from any dvd hd...it is in a blu ray structure bur no matter how i try to open it.. it says this is not a proper bluray structure and cant open.....
Hi :)
When you used AnyDVD(HD), it is most likely that you riiped to an iso. file.
All you need to do is, mount iso. file.
To do this you'll need a virtual drive.
If you do not have one.
Download this
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe

Install (it is free).
Then mount iso by right clicking on it.
Then go to "Mount files with Virtual CloneDrive.

Once file is mounted.
Use the same drop down as you would for any DVD/BD device.

raymondtrudeau

Post by raymondtrudeau »

no actually it is in the bdmv folder as a m2ts file...there is only one file in the folder (the main movie).....
zebadee

Post by zebadee »

raymondtrudeau wrote:no actually it is in the bdmv folder as a m2ts file...there is only one file in the folder (the main movie).....
Hi :)
Are you ripping to iso?
If not do so.
Then follow above.
Once mounted you should be able to view virtual as, like any other drive.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7797 ... 090504.png

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1374 ... 090545.png

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7325 ... 090606.png

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6007 ... 090629.png
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi raymondtrudeau,

It seems you're trying to convert an HD video file, but not a Blu-ray structure...

Can you give me the file extension of the files you're trying to convert?

Thank you.
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

1.0.0.9 (of BD to DVD) seems to create a title menu (even if there is only one title) automatically, while 1.0.0.3 didn't show this behavior. Is this by design? And is there any way to disable this again?

BTW: is the Blu-Ray Converter Ultimate a completely different product? The threads here don't really seem to differentiate between both products, but the "Ultimate" version is obviously not sold (yet) and the license key for the "to DVD" version doesn't work for it. So will there be an upgrade path?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

you can email me with your purchase questions. If you are already a client of ours, please include the email address you used during your previous purchase.

Thanks,

Claire

claire(at)vsosoftware.fr

and Happy New Year!
mrr19121970

Post by mrr19121970 »

0xdeadbeef wrote:1.0.0.9 (of BD to DVD) seems to create a title menu (even if there is only one title) automatically, while 1.0.0.3 didn't show this behavior. Is this by design? And is there any way to disable this again?

BTW: is the Blu-Ray Converter Ultimate a completely different product? The threads here don't really seem to differentiate between both products, but the "Ultimate" version is obviously not sold (yet) and the license key for the "to DVD" version doesn't work for it. So will there be an upgrade path?
You need to do this under DVD menu settings.

To buy the Ultimate you need to be a "Gold Member" and request the licence via support mail (or PM Cedric)
Attachments
DVD Menu Setting.jpg
DVD Menu Setting.jpg (145.96 KiB) Viewed 24899 times
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

Well, I will have to try, but from the description of the functions, this will do more or less the opposite of what I intend to do:

"When a title is selected from the title (main) menu, skip the root menu and play the title directly".

While the naming is a little confusing, I figure from the above description that the title menu is the one that allows you to select a title, while the root menu is the one that let's you chose the subtitle/audio options (for a title) and start playback.

What I want (and what 1.0.0.3 did) is to skip the title menu automatically and show the root menu instead, not to skip the root menu.

And I hope this Gold Membership thing is only true for the moment. Mainly I'm confused by the fact that questions regarding "to DVD" converter - which is the only one that you can officially buy - are replied to with screenshots from or download links to the "Ultimate" version which is obviously not publicly available.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

- If the selected menu template doesn't have a root menu BUT your project contain only one Titleset, a Titleset menu is created.
- If the selected menu template have a root menu BUT your project contain only one Titleset, only the ROOT menu is created
- If your project contain more than one Titleset, all Titleset pages will be created (ROOT menu will be created if available in selected template)

To know if selected template can provide ROOT menu, you can check this very helpfull guide (TemplateOptions1b1.jpg):

http://forums.vso-software.fr/overview- ... t6119.html

Thanks.
0xdeadbeef

Post by 0xdeadbeef »

Well, I can just repeat it: there is only one title and the default template ("black mirror with video"), which can create title and root menu, now (1.0.0.9) creates a title menu for the one title, plus a root menu, while the older version (1.0.0.3) only created the root menu - which was much more sensible.

I can't see what I could have done to change this or what I could do to change it back, so my assumption is still that this is a regression in 1.0.0.9.
Maybe the Ultimate version behaves differently, but as the "to DVD" version is the only one that's actually sold, it would maybe make sense to check this with this version, especially since this is a thread dedicated to the "to DVD" converter.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

For sure, you're totally right.

I reproduced (then fixed) your problem.

Just check last Blu-ray to DVD beta version (1.1.0.0) to confirm your issue is fixed.

The software will do that I explained in my last post.

PS : You will find the download link in bottom of first post.

Thank you for your help!