Menus

create AVCHD stucture

Moderators: Maggie, Forum admin

alluringreality

Menus

Post by alluringreality » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Would it be possible to retain menus? I would like to convert the HDMV from AVS HD 709 http://bit.ly/avshd709 into AVCHD without creating the project twice. AVCHD-Patcher and multiAVCHD can sort of do this, but PowerDVD, and possibly some Samsung players, have issues with the resulting files. The popup menus could go away, but the main menu and sub menus are essential. The AVCHD has only been downloaded about 25k times since the revision last year, but maybe having that short VSO Software intro before the menu could serve as a bit of advertisement if the software could provide this sort of conversion.

alluringreality

Post by alluringreality » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm

After doing some more trial and error and reading it seems that the Encore menus are Mpeg2. I tried transcoding the Mpeg2 to AVC. Doing that got rid of the black background from multiAVCHD or AVCHD-Patcher, but then the menu controls stopped working. From what I've read it seems that the menu controls can be stored in the same file as the menu video. So far I haven't found a program that would allow me to transcode the Encore menus to AVC and still keep the controls. Over the past couple years I have seen other Encore users that were interested in creating AVCHD discs, so that might be a use for this program if it was possible.

alluringreality

Post by alluringreality » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

The VSO AVCHD Editor looks like its good software. I was finally able to figure out a solution to get Encore CS5 menus to play in PowerDVD from DVD media by transcoding and using multiAVCHD and BDedit. Thanks again and good luck on the software.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 am

thanks for reporting :)