Version 4 Is Smaller Than 3 When Encoded?

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

dazzawm

Version 4 Is Smaller Than 3 When Encoded?

Post by dazzawm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 am

I have changed from version 3 to version 4. I have noticed that when I have encode and burn to disc the size is only half the size of the disc whereas when I encoded using version 3 it filled the complete disc. Should I worry, will the quality be worse? Please advise.

JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: Version 4 Is Smaller Than 3 When Encoded?

Post by JJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:58 pm

You changed from ancient version to old version.
Both those versions are outdated.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!

Laurice

Post by Laurice » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:42 pm

[quote="dazzawm"]I have changed from version 3 to version 4. I have noticed that when I have encode and burn to disc the size is only half the size of the disc whereas when I encoded using version 3 it filled the complete disc. Should I worry, will the quality be worse? Please advise.[/quote]

Do not worry about the smaller size on disc. This is probably due to the improvement of the transcoders from the earlier version.
The quality of your transcodes should not suffer, and may even improve a little over your previous projects. If you search through the forum here, you will find a lot of discussions concerning how much space is used on the discs...
Although you are using version 4 instead of version 5, the program still performs marvelously and is the version that I prefer even though I have a Gold membership. Perhaps the non-current versions of CXD are not entitled to polite and informative support any longer. That's a shame.

JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Laurice wrote:Perhaps the non-current versions of CXD are not entitled to polite and informative support any longer. That's a shame.
There are several reasons why outdated software is not supported anymore. Huge issue is simple; old versions are not supporting new codecs and formats and they will not be updated. Another issue is also simple; software that is not being sold anymore should not be used as it might contain bugs that might do anything with current systems. There is a reason why updates and upgrades are being done.

In this case there is way too many possible causes for size reduction and they are impossible to find out without log files.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!