Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Prison Break - 16:9

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Prison Break - 16:9

Post by Tattoo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:25 am

I put together a few templates to go with the 16:9 menus. Here is the link to them.

http://forums.vso-software.fr/extra-uno ... tml#p69850
Title menu
Title menu
Root menu
Root menu
Chapters menu
Chapters menu
Settings menu
Settings menu
Last edited by Tattoo on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Double Feature Templates

Post by Tattoo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm

I just posted another version of my 16:9 templates that was requested. I named them Double Feature. Here is the link to them.

http://forums.vso-software.fr/extra-uno ... tml#p69946

Double Feature Title menu with Synopsis
Double Feature Title menu with Synopsis
Double Feature Title menu with Play as text buttons
Double Feature Title menu with Play as text buttons
Double Feature Title menu with the movie title as text buttons
Double Feature Title menu with the movie title as text buttons
16-9_DF-3&4-Root menu
16-9_DF-3&4-Root menu
16-9_DF-5&6-Root-Multiple menu
16-9_DF-5&6-Root-Multiple menu
Chapters menu
Chapters menu
Settings menu
Settings menu
Last edited by Tattoo on Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lunarsoul

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates

Post by lunarsoul » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:27 am

Dont see any download links at the link you provided.

Tattoo

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates

Post by Tattoo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:20 am

I just reposted my 16:9 templates. I made a few changes I overlooked in them and added the Double Feature templates to the package since they use images from these. I also slid the thumbnails to right 20 pixels so they didn't look off center too much when the movie titles are short. And I also redid my Animated templates to work with the 16:9 menus and included them. I'll post some animated .gifs when I get them made but they look the same as others, just animated. Use original link in first post to get them.

I got the annimated.gifs done but they are slower than the actual template is. Please don't judge this template by these .gifs. They are just to show how they look.

I just noticed that I forgot to change the Text profile for the Title block of the Title menu in these animated templates. The text is set to BOTTOM_LEFT when it should be set to BOTTOM_CENTER. I made a it's own text profile which is Title-2 and forgot to change it in the .ini files. It's not a major problem so I'll leave them be until the next time when I add more templates to the package. Sorry I missed it. I tested these all thoroughly but missed that. If you want the Title in the center, just change the profile to Title-2.

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Tattoo on Mon May 21, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.

lunarsoul

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - new templates added 4-15

Post by lunarsoul » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 am

Thanks, i was kinda annoyed having 16:9 Videos but 4:3 Menus lol. It was just awkward to have. Im going to test them out. I just heard about ConvertXtoDVD after using another program I liked and decided to test it out and sign in the forums. Just to see if this program can produce better quality video and is overall better. I am trying to pick up every little detail people provide in the forums to try to get the best quality for my DVDs and look way more pro made, cheers. :D

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Replaced Sunday, 4-17

Post by Tattoo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm very sorry to the people who downloaded these already but I'm going to replace these again today as soon as I'm done testing them. I was looking at the Settings menu and I didn't like how the Audio and Subtitles were not side by side when the movie had the same audio and subtitle. There is really no sense in having the No Subtitle button since they don't appear on screen unless you choose a subtitle. So I removed it and the Audio and Subtitles are side by side now and I think it looks better this way. I'll be doing all my templates like this now. Again, I'm sorry to the people that downloaded these already but I think it's a change for the better. I hope you all agree. I placed a new shot of the new setting menu below so you can see the change. I should have them replaced in about an hour. It's 11:22am right now.

I forgot to mention that I also changed the text profile to the correct one in the Title menu like I said of above.

EDIT: I've tested them all and posted them. They all work as they should so there should be no problems with them. Please let me know if you do find something wrong. Thanks...
Also, there shouldn't be a need to replace these again. I believe these are the very final version unless VSO does something to CX2D where I would have to modify them for the change.
When I'm finished with my iMDB template, I'll just post it separately so you don't have to download them all again.
Settings menu - with the No Subtitle button
Settings menu - with the No Subtitle button
Settings menu - with the No Subtitle button removed
Settings menu - with the No Subtitle button removed

lunarsoul

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Replaced Sunday, 4-17

Post by lunarsoul » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:45 am

For the Double Feature (using #5) I cant seem to get the imdb picture next to my synopsis, its just a big empty space next to text. I tried looking for an option but I cant seem to find it. :? See how in the Root Menu, the picture is next to the synopsis? Yea that one, mine is missing. But the pictures are there at the title menu correctly.

PS. So far the video quality for CX2D is a noticeably worse than what I have been using before (A CBR Encoding) for 720p HD MKV Files downsizing by using the same videos, setups, and settings (even at complex scenes). I thought CX2D would look better during the action scenes but so far it isint. Ill keep fiddling with options.

Tattoo

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Replaced Sunday, 4-17

Post by Tattoo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 pm

lunarsoul, you have to use the included 16-9_DF.psd to create the background image for the Root menu. It is not placed in the Root menu like it is in the Title menu. I tried to make it work like that but it wouldn't work so I made the 16-9_DF.psd image to make it. Open up the 16-9_DF.psd image in Photoshop and place the iMDB image in the guide lines to the left for the Root menu. Then check the Black layer to hide the layer background image screenshot with the title and buttons. Then flatten it and resize it to 720x480. The screenshot below is how it looks in Photoshop with the guides.
Capture.png
Last edited by Tattoo on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Double Feature #2

Post by Tattoo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:42 am

Here are 2 more template requested by Chainsaw which are another good idea he came up with. These 2 are basically the Same as 16:9_DF-1 (Double Feature) & 16:9_DF-2 (Double Feature-No Mirror) except that these 2 have the Root menu added to them. These 2 only have the Title and Root menu for when 2 movies are being converted. When there are 2 DVD images in the Title menu and one is selected, you will be taken to the Root menu to read a synopsis of the movie and you are able Play the movie from there or go back to the Title menu. The Chapters and Settings menus are not generated.

Because of how I had to do this to work, there is a little glitch in the Root menu. There are actually 3 buttons in the Root menu. The Play & Main Menu buttons, which you can see and the Chapters button which is hidden. The Chapters button has to be there for this to work so when selecting either Play or Main Menu, there is a blank when going over one more. You'll see what I mean when you try it. It's not a big deal tho but it is also the only way to get this to work. The Root menu would not be generated without the Chapters button in it.

I also want to mention that I used 2 of Clair's animated backgrounds and 1 of Corals.
You can get Clair's animated backgrounds from this link. - Clairs Animated Backgrounds
You can get Coral's animated backgrounds from this link. - Corals Animated Backgrounds

If you like the short menus without the Chapters and Settings menus, I think you'll like these 2. They are named;

16:9_DF-7 (Double Feature-2)
16:9_DF-8 (Double Feature-2-No Mirror)

To use them, just extract them into the 16-9 folder with my other templates. Please let me know what ya think and/or you have any problems with them. Thanks...

EDIT: I added an instructional image to show where to change things in this template for those who need it. I hope it helps. You should also read what I wrote here Double Feature templates to know how to use the 16-9_DF.psd for the alternative background image.

EDIT2: This is what I wrote about how to use the added 16-9_DF.psd file for the background so you don't have to go and look for it in the other post. Sorry I didn't do this sooner.

I made place holders for the DVD Image from the iMDB site which is 214x317. If you wanted to use a larger image, I made it so you can use a background like in my DVD Image templates. It s better to use a background image resized to 720x480 because the quality a little better. I've included a Photoshop background.psd for it with guide lines so you know where to place the DVD Images. I named it 16-9_DF.psd. This is basically used like the one with my other templates but for these templates, if you want to use a motion background behind it, you would hide the black layer and leave it transparent, and save it as a .png. Don't flatten it because it won't work right if you do. You have to open it back up and resize it to 720x480. You want to resize it because it'll look grainy if you don't. I made a instructional image of where you would change things to use these templates.
16-9_DF-7&8.rar
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 1319 times
Title menu
Title menu
Root menu 1
Root menu 1
Root menu 2
Root menu 2
Attachments
Where to change things when using these.
Where to change things when using these.
Last edited by Tattoo on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 am, edited 10 times in total.

chainsaw

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Double Feature #2

Post by chainsaw » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 am

You know I was going off this software simple because of the menus but now Mr Tattoo has given it new life for me and others too who wished to have a little more control over the end product. Now I can have my movies the way I want them.. I’m a member of a Photography/Video club and showed the new templates to some of our members quite a few use this software. I have 16 requests for a copy of the templates so clearly people want more in this department?

Well done Tattoo your work is very much appreciated, at this end anyway… :D :)

Ametista

Post by Ametista » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am

Good and nice work. Thanks for all.

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:33 am

It isn't possible to fully appreciate Tattoo's contribution without understanding that there is no manual or guidelines for making menu modifications. So Tattoo has spent a tremendous amount of time learning the menu templates and experimenting to find what is possible with them. And he has spent a lot of time making custom menus requested by individuals.

He deserves more thanks and praise than most people realize.

chainsaw

Post by chainsaw » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Aptly put Mr ckhouston, thanks ….

I have just completed a double disc with the new template and it’s spot on Mr Tattoo! Simply delighted with it… :D

Tattoo

Post by Tattoo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Thank you all for your appreciation. I'm happy to make them for others to enjoy since I'm able to do so. When I get thank yous like this, it makes it all the better.

I'll be doing more after I'm moved into my new apartment. I'll be moving in next Wednesday and will packing until then so I won't have a lot of time to do stuff until I get moved in and unpacked. And Comcast said I can't get my modem hooked up until a week after that because I'm not canceling it here until next Tuesday so I'll be down for a while. But I'll be back at it as soon as I can. I have my iMDB template almost done and hope to have it posted it before next Wednesday. I still have more adjusting to do to it but I'm hopeful.

GrampaD

Post by GrampaD » Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 am

ckhouston wrote:It isn't possible to fully appreciate Tattoo's contribution without understanding that there is no manual or guidelines for making menu modifications. So Tattoo has spent a tremendous amount of time learning the menu templates and experimenting to find what is possible with them. And he has spent a lot of time making custom menus requested by individuals.

He deserves more thanks and praise than most people realize.
...He will be *fully* credited in my project ;)

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Triple Feature

Post by Tattoo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:26 am

Here is another template made requested by Chainsaw. This is basically the same as the Double Feature template but this has 3 titles in the Title Menu so I named them Triple Feature. Templates 16:9_TF-1 (Triple Feature) and 16:9_TF-2 (Triple Feature-No Mirror) have only the Title Menu in it, 16:9_TF-3 (Triple Feature) and 16:9_TF-4 (Triple Feature-No Mirror) have only the Title Menu and Root Menu in it. No Chapters or Settings Menus are included in all 4 of these templates, as requested. As usual, I've included a working background, which is named 16-9TF.psd, for the Title Menu if you wanted to use it instead of placing the images in the movie title thumbnail. I also include this background because when it is used instead of the thumbnails, the images are less grainy. But it's your choice. The thumbnails and background image are made with the default iMDB size of 214x317. I had to shrink them to fit and reduced them down to 90% of the original size which makes them the size of 193x285. If you want to use images larger then the default size of 214x317, you should use the include background image then resize it down to 720x480. It is the size of 853x480 right now. Again resizing it down to 720x480 looks better in the end.

The Root menu has the place to include a synopsis like the Double Feature templates and since there are 3 movies that can be used with these templates, I've added 3 TypeSettings in these which are named synopsis-1, synopsis-2 and synopsis-3. I've also included 3 TypeSettings for the Title of each page. I done this because each synopsis and Title might not be of the same length so more than 1 TypeSettings would be needed. If you tried to change the settings in one of the synopsis, it would change the settings in all of the synopsis' so that's why include the extra TypeSettings.

If anyone is wanting to have the Chapters and Settings menu in these, let me know and I'll do them as well. Right now this is what was requested so I only did these for now. I might add the other 2 menus just to have any way but don't feel like doing it right now.

Again these were made with a double background, 1 for video and one for an image. While searching for motion backgrounds to use with these, I found a very good site that has many HD .mov files that I thought I'd share with you all. It's a very good site and fast site as well so it doesn't take forever to load and download from. Here is the link to it. I think you'll find some good stuff there.
Royalty-Free Stock Video Footage.com

I have tested all of these and didn't find any problems, but I can't test for every single situation so If you find something wrong with them please let me know and I'll fix it. Thanks.

These are the names of the 4 templates included in this;
16:9_TF-1 (Triple Feature)
16:9_TF-2 (Triple Feature-No Mirror)
16:9_TF-3 (Triple Feature)
16:9_TF-4 (Triple Feature-No Mirror)

To use these templates, you can either extract them to the 16-9 folder if you have my other 16:9 templates installed or you can use these by themselves. They do not require any graphics that is in any other templates so they can be used independently. You can create a totally new folder in the 'templates' and extract them to it.

EDIT - 5/21/2012: I just realized that I forgot to include the Thumbnail image that is seen in the templates selection window. I just made one and it's named Menu6.png. Sorry about that.
Just save this image and place it in the 16:9 templates folder.
Menu6.png
You need to download BOTH files to extract and use these templates.
16-9_TF.part1.rar
(983.4 KiB) Downloaded 1968 times
16-9_TF.part2.rar
(749.29 KiB) Downloaded 1968 times
Triple Feature template
Triple Feature Title menu
Triple Feature Title menu
Triple Feature Root menu
Triple Feature Root menu
Last edited by Tattoo on Thu May 31, 2012 12:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

chainsaw

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Triple Feature

Post by chainsaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 am

I have downloaded the new templates and can’t wait to use them.. :D It was a member of our club who requested the new templates as they would be perfect for school projects/presentations they do. Again we are extremely grateful to you Tattoo for creating the new templates for us. I only wish there was some way we could do something in return for all you’re hard work and efforts. We had to ad the double feature templates to our club PC because of the demand form our members, these will go down a treat…
With regards to re-sizing any covers down to Tattoo’s specifications I make an action in PS and do them in bulk, saves a lot of time. :)

Many, many thanks Tattoo… :D :D :D :D :D

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - Colored Synopsis Text

Post by Tattoo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 am

Thanks Chainsaw. I'm very happy that you all like them. I'm happy to do it for you all.

I was playing around with the Double Feature template to see what I can do in the Synopsis. I thought, "What if I wanted different sized text and different colored text in it? How can I do it or can I do it at all?" So I started playing with it and added some html code to change the size and color of the text and IT WORK!! This is good now because if I want to livin' the text up some, I have choices now. I first made some of the text a different size and then change the color of some of the words to see what was possible. I was happy that I was able to do it.

Then I thought, what about a space between the lines like if I wanted a heading in the synopsis. I already knew that I can send the text down one line by adding a lot of space between two words and that will bring the text down one line but I wanted a full space. I tried to use a line break but that hides the text below it and doesn't work. So I tried a bunch of different ways and found the best way to do it. What I did was use a -, dash or minus sign, and colored it BLACK so it won't show up against the black background. And if it does, it's only one little -, dash or minus sign, and won't hardly be noticeable. The -, dash or minus sign, can also be sized to change the size of the full space. I also colored the text in the Title Block at the top of the menu just to see if it can be done. The code and image below is what I came up with.

For the full space to work, the <font color="#000000"> that is used for the -, dash or minus sign, to create the full space has to be right next to the heading and the space has to be between it and the -, dash or minus sign, like it is below. I used 80 spaces on each side of the -, dash or minus sign. You have to view this in notepad without word-wrap to see what I mean. I also show what settings I used for the synopsis but yours will probably be different. You just have to play with it to get it to look right.

I hope this helps you all to make better looking menus. If you need help doing this, let me know and I'll help ya with it.

If you don't use an html editor, you can use a program like CorlorPic. I've been using ColorPic for a very long time. It works well and it's FREE.

Title Block

Code: Select all

<font size="22" color="#FF0000">Pirates <font color="#FFFFFF">of the</font><font color="#AA00FF">Caribbean</font></font>
Synopsis

<font size="16" color="#FF0000">The Curse <font color="#FFFFFF">of the</font><font color="#AA00FF">Black Pearl</font></font><font color="#000000">                                                                                - </font>                                                                                This swash-buckling tale follows the quest of <font color="#00D4FF">Captain Jack Sparrow</font>, a savvy pirate, and <font color="#00D4FF">Will Turner</font>, a resourceful blacksmith,as they search for <font color="#00D4FF">Elizabeth Swann</font>. Elizabeth, the daughter of the governor and the love of Will's life, has been kidnapped by the feared <font color="#00D4FF">Captain Barbossa</font>. Little do they know, but the fierce and clever Barbossa has been cursed. He, along with his large crew, are under an ancient curse, doomed for eternity to neither live, nor die. That is, unless a blood sacrifice is made.
Settings;

Font Size - 8
Line Spacing - 10
Max length - 0
Margin - 0, 0, 4
Text Align - middle center
Attachments
Synopsis colored.jpg
Last edited by Tattoo on Thu May 31, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tattoo

Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - 16:9 iMDB Templates

Post by Tattoo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 pm

I reworked my iMDB template to the 16:9 menu size. They are pretty much the same, only the description was removed to look better with widescreen menus. I don't think it was needed anyway. You would place the info in it the same as the other iMDB templates. Although I one thing different this time. I made the iMDB background editable because by placing the iMDB image on the background instead of the place holder, it doesn't look as grainy, but you have the choice of how you want to do it. It's not a huge difference but it IS noticeable. I posted 2 images below of the iMDB menu using the background image and using the place holder. You can see the difference. The background image to add the iMDB image to is named 16-9_iMDB_BG.psd. I have guide lines in it, as before, to show where to place the iMDB image. This background image I left at 720x480. You just have to resize the iMDB image to 288x400, then flatten it and save as png or jpg. It's your choice.

I also made 2 versions, 1 for single movies and 1 for multiple movies.
I have all the images in this to work and have it set to extract to it's own folder this time to keep things less cluttered.
The Stars and Ratings folders are in there as well.

These were made from the first 16:9 templates so the Title, Root & Chapters menus are the same. You just have to change the Settings button to Synopsis or whatever you would like to use.

The 2 templates names are;
16-9_iMDB-1.ini - 16:9_IMDB-1 (Single)
16-9_iMDB-2.ini - 16:9_IMDB-2 (Multiple)
16-9_iMDB-3.ini - 16:9_IMDB-3 (Single-No Mirror)
16-9_iMDB-4.ini - 16:9_IMDB-4 (Multiple-No Mirror)

I tested each one of these and didn't see any problems. Please let me know if you find something wrong and I will fix it.

EDIT: I just noticed that I didn't put the fonts in the template folder so if someone doesn't have the two fonts on their system, the fonts for these templates won't show up. So I replaced these again. Sorry again to the 5 people that downloaded them. I forgot all about them but they're in there now. Most computers do have these 2 fonts on their system by default but ya never know if everybody has them or not. So because of that I like to include them in the template folder like VSO does.

I also just posted the temp.srt file for the movies that don't have a subtitle file. You can rename the temp.srt to the movie name and the menu will work.
16-9 IMDB-3.rar
(925.64 KiB) Downloaded 1385 times
temp.srt.rar
(750 Bytes) Downloaded 788 times
Root menu - (Single)
Root menu - (Single)
Root menu - (Multiple)
Root menu - (Multiple)
iMDB menu using the iMDB_BG.psd background image
iMDB menu using the iMDB_BG.psd background image
iMDB menu using the place holder for the iMDB image. You can see the graininess in it.
iMDB menu using the place holder for the iMDB image. You can see the graininess in it.
Last edited by Tattoo on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

k3sh

Re: Tattoo's 16:9 Menu Templates - 16:9 iMDB Templates

Post by k3sh » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 am

hi there..

first of all, this is the type of menu I longing for and thanks for made one. really appreciates it :lol: you rocks man :mrgreen:

and, I must admit I'm quite confused with the about the DVD image. Let's take an example of Double Feature 2. please correct me if I'm wrong. this is what I do :

1. the main menu, I upload the dvd image right away without resize (bet it'll adjusted by automatically & the quality remains same). Am I doing it correctly?

2. under the Titleset Menu parameters, I resize the image (which is usually in big resolution) using Free Transform tool (Ctrl+T) and align it accordingly in 16-9.DF psd file. Then save as right away in different place as .png format. After that, I will upload this image. This is I'm sure I'm not doing it correctly as the image quality quite jagged up.

I don't know whether I explained the situation correctly & briefly. Hope it's understandable :p I'll be really grateful if anyone able to enlighten me on this.