ConvertXtoDVD v4.0/v4.1 WISH LIST

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, Forum admin

swampdaddy

additional comments

Post by swampdaddy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks for your additional comments. I have been using Convert X for about a year now, first v3 now v4; and, I find it to be the most useful of many authoring programs I have tried. But, as usual, everyone can think of some small tweak they would like.

I find it interesting that "wish items" are in the bug list; and the wish list thread in the forums is concerned mostly with "bugs".

Swamp Daddy :wink:

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:14 am

A larger prieview will be most appreciated (at least by me).

JoeB
VSO Fanatic

Post by JoeB » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Coral wrote:A larger prieview will be most appreciated (at least by me).
You can detach the preview window from the main window, then move your cursor over the edges until it changes to a double-headed arrow and then hold down the left mouse button and stretch the preview window to whatever size you like.

Regards,

JoeB

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks Joe. I should have gone through the manual better. :oops:
I remember now !! I stopped using the a detached window ages ago because it doesn't keep the setting size. Is there a way to do that ?

JoeB
VSO Fanatic

Post by JoeB » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Coral wrote:Thanks Joe. I should have gone through the manual better. :oops:
I remember now !! I stopped using the a detached window ages ago because it doesn't keep the setting size. Is there a way to do that ?
It keeps the size setting for me. Have you tried it recently?

Regards,

JoeB

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 am

I'm using V.4.0.12.372. It keeps the setting untill I start rendering or click on a Tree View Background option (eg. Background image for Root). Then it opens to the full movie frame size.
Attachments
preview.jpg
preview.jpg (87.29 KiB) Viewed 2270 times

Torquess454

COVERT ITUNES MOVIES TO DVD?

Post by Torquess454 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:28 pm

SO WILL YOU GUYS BE COMING OUT WITH A CONVERSION FOR PURCHASED ITUNES MOVIES TO DVD??

JJ
VSO Moderators

Re: COVERT ITUNES MOVIES TO DVD?

Post by JJ » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:55 am

Torquess454 wrote:SO WILL YOU GUYS BE COMING OUT WITH A CONVERSION FOR PURCHASED ITUNES MOVIES TO DVD??
No. Protected movies can't be converted, protection needs to removed first.
Tools that remove protection are illegal in most countries.

farrukhalvi

Post by farrukhalvi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 am

I think that no body should give wish list to this company. bcoz after convertsdvd2 to convertxdvd4.1 there is nothing change important. not even 1% of wish list. shame shame shame for this company.

JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 am

Actually only wished item that is possible to do and has not been implemented is menu editor.
There is a lot of wishes for features that are not DVD compliant and naturally those can not be included.

Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 am

JJ wrote:Actually only wished item that is possible to do and has not been implemented is menu editor.
There is a lot of wishes for features that are not DVD compliant and naturally those can not be included.
A menu editor will satisfy the wishes of the majority of users.
It could perhaps also include a simulation test of the finshed authored movie.

hommefatal60

Post by hommefatal60 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:09 pm

A 'Play First' feature.. The ability to add a 'play first' option so that the first video in the list is always played BEFORE the menu appears, and is not part of the 'play all titles' option. This is a small feature I'm sure you'll agree, but I find it invaluable when producing corporate discs (whom like the logo to appear before anything else), discs which lead or fade in to the menu - like it's part of the film, and more recently I've worked on discs which open with the introduction piece and then go to a menu simply to XXXXXXX select audio track settings where multi languages are used. Feature request 2532

JoeB
VSO Fanatic

Post by JoeB » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:19 pm

So what's up with that hyperlink in the last sentence of your post? That looks like the same link that was in a couple of SPAM posts a day or so ago.

Regards,

JoeB

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 pm

It is a spam link, maybe they will give up eventually.

I ADVISE EVERYONE TO IGNORE ANY HYPERLINK THAT INCLUDES coco.fr/

The Monz

Post by The Monz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:42 pm

:) I miss the "excellent" indicator. "Short project" is now its equivalent but a color light for excellent quality would be nice. The "green light" used now seems to be for both "excellent" and "good".

On the dvd-9 very short project or a custom setting over 4300 mb there is an "amber light" warning to use a different encoding disk size, if file time is too small.

At over 3 hrs. on dvd-5 there is the "recommendation for dvd-9 usage for better video quality, a visual indicator would be nice here too.

There is also the "red light warning indicating and impossible encode.

Also, medium project has no warning of declining quality or increased quality, though logic would suggest any time increase or decrease of file running time would change it.

Anyhow, please more visual queues even though they are approximations.

Slickinator

Add CleanVSO

Post by Slickinator » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 am

i would have a CleanVso button added in convertx so if u do have a problem u have it at hand and can uninstall and start fresh with out going and finding it when u can have it added as a help feature, seems logical in my opinion.

Tattoo

Post by Tattoo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 am

I would like to add to this list now. I recently tried to use different images for the highlight buttons, ie, when selected. This is currently not possible. I'd like to be able to use a different colored button when selected instead of a colored outline of the button as it is now. I would think it would take a while to do and maybe not possible. The image below shows what I'd like to change the button to when selected.

Also, it would be nice if we could edit the highlighted/selected colors thru ConvertXtoDVD. We could edit the colors of the text now but not the highlighted/selected colors.

Thanks
Attachments
bmp_play_blue.png
bmp_play_blue.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

urie

Post by urie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Please add batch option GUI to ConvertX2DVD as BatchX2DVD is no longer supported.

Slickinator

Re: ConvertXtoDVD v4.0/v4.1 WISH LIST

Post by Slickinator » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:09 pm

just wondering why urie is posting that here as it has nothing at all to do with convertx 4 or 4.1 lol

JoeB
VSO Fanatic

Re: ConvertXtoDVD v4.0/v4.1 WISH LIST

Post by JoeB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:26 am

Slickinator wrote:just wondering why urie is posting that here as it has nothing at all to do with convertx 4 or 4.1 lol
Actually, urie's post makes sense to me. He seems to be saying that the third party batch program isn't supported anymore so not that useful, and therefore would like VSO to add their own options for batch conversion as part of the ConvertX program so people don't have to rely on a third party program to do batch.

Regards,

JoeB