Free DVD menu Templates Bonus (New template added 12/22)

discussions about ConvertXtoDVD latest versions, avi to dvd video converter software, burns videos from your PC to watch on your DVD with menus and subtitles.

Moderators: Maggie, Cougar_II, JJ, ckhouston, Forum admin

pjnrss5

templates

Post by pjnrss5 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:42 pm

It would seem to me (i don't get along w/computers - so I'm no programer), as a "layman", the menu style would stay the same, but you could change the background picture within the template. The type of menu from each template would just be added on top. Like the VSO glossy that holds up to 10 episodes per page. I record a particular web series, .avi, .mov, .mpg....and are only 5-10 min long and that would be perfect for it, but I'd like to change the background pic to something that matches the series. Maybe someday...

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Re: templates

Post by Cougar_II » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:50 pm

pjnrss5 wrote:It would seem to me (i don't get along w/computers - so I'm no programer), as a "layman", the menu style would stay the same, but you could change the background picture within the template. The type of menu from each template would just be added on top. Like the VSO glossy that holds up to 10 episodes per page. I record a particular web series, .avi, .mov, .mpg....and are only 5-10 min long and that would be perfect for it, but I'd like to change the background pic to something that matches the series. Maybe someday...
Hi,

It's possible to add a custom image in the background (On several templates)

Read this thread:

http://forums.vso-software.fr/guide-und ... t5209.html

It will show you how to change the menu background with a custom image.
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester

mjp1531

Post by mjp1531 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:00 pm

I would LOVE to have more menu templates...I am not computer savvy and don't like having to sit and "fiddle" with the settings before burning. I like the idea of clicking on a template, and it being done. Although I have yet to figure out, when using the templates like "film", why my clickable video isn't playing where its supposed to be. I can still play my dvd, but it just looks kind of funny when sitting on the menu screen. Oh well, enough rambling....I say YES..please give us many more templates!!!

bwana

Post by bwana » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm

can nero templates be used? how does one edit the stock templates?

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:29 pm

No, templates from other programs will not work without much adaption, not worth it.

Besides the changes available in the CX2D Tree View such as backgrounds, some additional ones are described in a couple of guides in the Guides + Manuals forum. Those also require some work.

There has been some talk that a full featured editor might be added later but I don't know the status.

cliffordzkf

Re: Get free DVD menu Templates Bonus

Post by cliffordzkf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Claire wrote:As promised you can download and install these new templates:

- Film
- Champetre (fun template for kids, and cartoon like feel)

More templates will come soon.
all the templates listed here? or anyother places to find more? i think the vso templates except for the mirror ones are really not so nice. hehe...wish more classic templates come

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm

yes for the moment there are no more.

cliffordzkf

Post by cliffordzkf » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:35 pm

i have find a way to change the mirror tempate for the backgound image in settings menu.
go to "C:\Program Files\VSO\ConvertX\3\templates\black mirror"
replace the picture "background.jpg" as another one you wanted and better make it the same size as the original one720X576.
see what you've got! haha

lapinou

Post by lapinou » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm

once again, what Claire did, and the addition of new templates doesn't slow down the development of the key internal features. that's not the same persons involved. Period !

the new video background updated in this thread were purchased years ago, we just take a few minutes to upload them and make them available for download. no need to restart the discussion about the schedule of the development, or if you have any complains, do it directly to me... once again, I got the message and we do what the majority ( and forum users are only a part of our users ) would like.

Discussion about the planning of what will be included in version 4.0 will be discussed in another post.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Hello,

Please see the first post of this thread some videos have been added that can be used as a menu background.

I hope you will find them as neat as I do.

hcstargate

re: downloading film exe

Post by hcstargate » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 pm

i have got this wonderful template before but lost it and now my computer tells me i have connection problems everytime i try to download it. i also have the same problem now with some of the unofficial templates. cheers helen :D :) ps just downloaded it from clifford zks, ithink that was his name. he is a few messages up from me. ta

Hawker

Post by Hawker » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi

New here, and just bought V3. I am getting an error page when trying to download the Film Menu Templates, anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

lapinou

Post by lapinou » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 am

I fixed the link, please try again, the links were broken

Hawker

Post by Hawker » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm

lapinou wrote:I fixed the link, please try again, the links were broken
Many thanks they both downloaded fine.

knuckledragger

Post by knuckledragger » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:19 am

hi everyone.. i love VSO and especially convertx2dvd i was just wondering what you guy's used to make the "New animated videos", btw Thanks very much for those, i have one request i'd like to have the option to extend the length of time for an added audio file i read the manual and guide section but the suggested options i fear are beyond my capacity of understanding. i realize you guy's are prpbably overwhelmed with thoughts, ideas and suggestions but i'm sure it's only because of all the programs that do what you guy's do VSO is by far the best. anyway thanks for all the hard work and i'm really looking forward to any new features added.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:24 am

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. For the animated videos, well be purchased them, and we are allowed to distribute them, so the easiest way to provide them to our users for the moment was to post them here in the forum.

You are not the only one requesting:
to have the option to extend the length of time for an added audio file
if you want you can modify the template the .ini file, but uh . . . . I don't know how to do that, I willl look into making a guide, one might already exist by user CKhouston.

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:56 pm

There is a guide at http://forums.vso-software.fr/guide-how ... t6260.html It is not hard but tedious and you have to make changes carefully.

Cx2D menus are animated and are composed of 3 components: intro, main and outro. Seamless playing of an entire song is best done with intro and outro durations of 0.05 seconds and main set to the song length. Examples are given in the link. Changes have to be made for each menu type that you want the song to play: title, root, settings and chapters.

Edit Note: Those modifications are already made in templates labeled as mod3 for classic, cx2 and minimal menus in http://forums.vso-software.fr/extra-uno ... t6947.html You only need to change the main duration in them to match song length.

Digi-Hate

Post by Digi-Hate » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks about templates...
...how to install them? ...instructions somewhere? :shock:

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Digi-Hate wrote:Thanks about templates...
...how to install them? ...instructions somewhere? :shock:
Template_Name.exe

Double-Click on it :shock:
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester

Digi-Hate

Post by Digi-Hate » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Ok - Wow - too easy... :D

Film and Champetre seems to be ok in list after installing but all 3 Xmas templates gives "No Preview" in template list and "No template" when selected into DVD Options list of DVD Options Tree View....
...however - Xmas templates can be used and they are nice!