Any plans for a Convert to Blu Ray application?

General sales, licences, relationship issues

Moderators: Maggie, Cougar_II, Forum admin

taonas

Any plans for a Convert to Blu Ray application?

Post by taonas » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Been using Convert to DVD for years, absolutely adore it. However, with dropping prices of Blu Ray players, and Blu Ray Burners for PC, does VSO have any plan to make a 'Covert to Blu Ray' software? Many video files i own are native 720p resolution, and while i can make DVDs of them, its rather silly to lose resolution by making DVDs.

t-shigeo

Post by t-shigeo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:35 am

and I want AVCHD DVD Video Function .

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:34 am

investigating....check back with us in april

ross22

AVCD-HD converter

Post by ross22 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 am

Me, too. Have been using ConvertX in years with great satisfaction, but going further to HD burning. I can make AVCHD-DVD's from mkv with tsMuxer and ImgBurn, but only, when the source is in 16:9 format. Adding black bars on cinemascope-movies to make the aspect-ratio right needs a recoding process and I haven't been able to find a satisfying program yet to do so. I'm thinking about something like the resizing function in ConvertX.

Cougar_II
VSO Fanatic

Post by Cougar_II » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:58 am

Hello everyone,

Please correct me if I am wrong but here's what I think about BluRay output !

Unless your input file has a large ratio 1280 x 1024 let's say making the output to a BluRay will not make it look better.

But these days, there is a lot of HD input files and that may be interetting.

With that said, even if the files end up with DVD quality, I assume burning the output to a BluRay media will let us put hours and hours of video on 1 media, that may also be very interresting :D

I guess for now, it will beRewrittable medias ?

BD-R medias are still pretty expensive are day ?

I'll search :shock:
VSO Software Golden Membership Proud Owner / VSO Software Beta Tester

ross22

AVC-HD

Post by ross22 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 am

CougarII wrote:
Hello everyone,
Please correct me if I am wrong but here's what I think about BluRay output !
Unless your input file has a large ratio 1280 x 1024 let's say making the output to a BluRay will not make it look better.
But these days, there is a lot of HD input files and that may be interetting.
With that said, even if the files end up with DVD quality, I assume burning the output to a BluRay media will let us put hours and hours of video on 1 media, that may also be very interresting
I guess for now, it will beRewrittable medias ?
BD-R medias are still pretty expensive are day ?
I'll search

I Think you misunderstood:
This is not about BlueRay burning but making HD on ordinary DVD-R disks or DoubleLayer.
You can do so in 1280x720p or 1920x1080i pixels and the quality is nearly as good as BlueX! :P

To all others:
I finally found a programme to put the black bars to mkv-files in very wide format, typically 1280x544 pixels: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... pMKV.shtml is a very small free application which does the job perfectly. It has a user-friendly interface and converts under DOS, even in Vista. You can also convert from 1080i to 720p and it automaticly puts in the missing lines as black bars, so you get a 16:9 output. Also you can change the bitrate to make the file shorter so you can burn on a DVD. Recommand not higher than 4000 bits/s for a 2 hours movie on a single-layer DVD.
Only disadvantage: TIME :evil:
It takes about the same time as your video lasts, depedent of your PC's speed. Take a nap or go to your nearest pub or friends. 1080i files can take about as double as long. There is probably no way around. Recoding takes time and ConverXtoDVD is also slow, when you convert mkv to DVD.
:roll: 8) :shock:

wdgeek

Another vote for AVCHD capability to a DVD9

Post by wdgeek » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:35 am

I also wish that Convertxtodvd would add the ability to create a DVD9 disk in AVCHD format. I have video files in 1080p resolution (mostly MKV files) that I would like to burn with the best quality possible.

I have burned a lot of AVCHD files on DVD9 media and the quality is really nice,, so it seem a shame to use Convertxtodvd to burn a 1080p video down to a 720pm resolution.

Any chance of this happening?

Your current version of Convertxtodvd is great at taking a MKV container file and being able to properly convert video, sound, and SUBTITLES (which I really want to retain) into a DVD movie, with chapters set at a user defined interval....
SWEET............

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:05 am

hello wdgeek,

I don't know if you noticed but we have opened a new forum section:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/avchd-f35.html

Coming soon...

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 am

Jimbo41

Re: Any plans for a Convert to Blu Ray application?

Post by Jimbo41 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:35 pm

So has VSO made any plans to release software to convert files (i.e mkv, AVI, MP4, etc) to Blu Ray format?

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 am

yes ConvertXtoHD is planned

Jimbo41

Post by Jimbo41 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:44 am

Claire wrote:yes ConvertXtoHD is planned
Thank you Claire.

Any idea of possible release time frame?

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 am

Not anything that would end up being true. I can say not until another 6 months , but you could also double or triple that too. It is too early to know.

trailwalker

Post by trailwalker » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Claire wrote:yes ConvertXtoHD is planned
Hi Claire,

As it's been a while since anyone asked I thought I'd do so and see if there has been any further development on a possible ConvertXtoHD application.

I've been using ConvertXtoDVD for years and find it amazing but, with the growing amount of HD video these days in both 720p and 1080p it's a shame to lose all of the original quality by only being able to convert to DVD quality.
The cost of Blu-ray burners has plummeted in recent years which has made them an affordable item for many more users wishing to convert their HD video collection. Also, there are a lot more people who own Blu-ray players.
With this in mind, perhaps the time is right for a Blu-ray equivalent to ConvertXtoDVD. I would definitely buy it!!

JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Check on VideoConverter.
Converts to almost any format, including BR and HD formats.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 am

We have plans to create a new product ConvertXtoHD which will convert to Blu-ray and have menu editing possiblities (this would be the difference between our current Video Converter, where menus cannot be edited).