gaps in audio after converting PAL to NTSC

old version of ConvertXtoDVD questions and problems (but most solved by using version 3)

Moderators: Cougar_II, ckhouston, JJ, Claire, Forum admin

gaps in audio after converting PAL to NTSC

Postby gwoiler » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 am

I have converted a PAL DVD to NTSC. The content is music and there are regular silent gaps about every second or so in the music. Is there a way around this? Is this from extra frames being added? Thanks for your help. I am using version 2.2.....
gwoiler

Postby eskro » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 am

upgrade to v4
eskro

Postby JoeB » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am

Please post the log file of your problematic conversion. It's in Help>Open Log File.

eskro wrote:upgrade to v4

That might not necessarily help, and of course he'd have to pay for the new version and may be satisfied with v.2.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB

Postby eskro » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:24 am

well, technologie moves forward... so do i...
eskro

Postby JJ » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:29 pm

eskro wrote:well, technologie moves forward... so do i...

You might, but you are not everyone.
JJ

Postby gwoiler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am

JoeB wrote:Please post the log file of your problematic conversion. It's in Help>Open Log File.

eskro wrote:upgrade to v4

That might not necessarily help, and of course he'd have to pay for the new version and may be satisfied with v.2.

Regards,

JoeB

Upgrading will fix this? I bought this about 2 years and it worked fine, but it was not music.
gwoiler

Postby hansK » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 am

Upgrading will fix this? I bought this about 2 years and it worked fine, but it was not music.

Try with the trial version of V4 if it fixes your problem. Does not cost you a dime. (just don't burn it, play VIDEO_TS.IFO in a software player to check.)
hansK
VSO Fanatic

Postby eskro » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 am

hansK wrote:

Try with the trial version of V4 if it fixes your problem. Does not cost you a dime. (just don't burn it, play VIDEO_TS.IFO in a software player to check.)

report back :D
eskro

Postby gwoiler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:59 am

eskro wrote:
hansK wrote:

report back :D

thanks! I should have thought of that! Good idea! I will report back.... 8)
gwoiler

Postby gwoiler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi all... OK, I got the latest version and tried it. Still very quick gaps in the audio about every second or so. Its just a minor glitch and maybe is not noticeable in just talking heads, but very noticeable with constant music. Bummer! :cry: I figure when I convert from PAL to NTSC that extra frames are created and something is going awry with the sound. Too bad I could not somehow strip the audio from the old and marry it to the converted video? That possible?
gwoiler

Postby eskro » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:50 pm

when u say content is music, you mean its a concert DVD or MP3 files?
eskro

Postby JoeB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 am

gwoiler wrote:Hi all... OK, I got the latest version and tried it. Still very quick gaps in the audio about every second or so. Its just a minor glitch and maybe is not noticeable in just talking heads, but very noticeable with constant music. Bummer! :cry: I figure when I convert from PAL to NTSC that extra frames are created and something is going awry with the sound. Too bad I could not somehow strip the audio from the old and marry it to the converted video? That possible?

Please do as I asked and post the log file of your problematic conversion. You should now post the one from your v.2 conversion and your v.4 trial conversion. Otherwise you're just forcing us forum volunteers to waste time guessing.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB

Postby gwoiler » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 am

Sorry... I di dnot realize you wanted log files... I will get them... thanks
gwoiler

Postby eskro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:24 am

eskro wrote:when u say content is music, you mean its a concert DVD or MP3 files?
eskro

Postby JJ » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 am

gwoiler wrote: Too bad I could not somehow strip the audio from the old and marry it to the converted video? That possible?

It is possible, with external tools, but most likely will not help.

I have converted several music DVDs to PAL and to NTSC, and no problems. Your logs might reveal cause for your problem.
JJ

Postby gwoiler » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi again... I converted just the menu this morning... as, it has music and exhibits the same problem. I could not find where VSO2 puts the log file. They were not in the directory as VSO4 was. So here is the log file from vso4. Also, this is a normal video DVD with music as the soundtrack... nothing wierd.... just a normal PAL DVD. Although the file I encoded this morning is only 30 seconds long, it glitched the same way.
Attachments
VSO4engine.log
(288 Bytes) Downloaded 275 times
gwoiler

Postby JoeB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 pm

That's not the log we need. Go to Help>Open Log File and the log will open in a text editor. You can save it as a txt file and attach it here. ConvertX writes to the same log regardless of which version of ConvertX you're using, so the v.2 conversion will show up in the same log as the v.4 conversion.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB

Postby eskro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 pm

eskro wrote:
eskro wrote:when u say content is music, you mean its a concert DVD or MP3 files?
eskro

Postby JoeB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 pm

eskro wrote:
eskro wrote:

It would have to be video, not mp3 music files. PAL and NTSC doesn't apply to audio, just video.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB

Postby eskro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:59 pm

JoeB wrote:
eskro wrote:
eskro wrote:

It would have to be video, not mp3 music files. PAL and NTSC doesn't apply to audio, just video.

Regards,

JoeB

im saying this because if he has problems like that
but only for this specific concert,
he can always rip it to AVI and then use VirtualDub to sync the Audio...

all this is very very easy to do,,,,

then he can convert it back to DVD!
eskro

Next

Return to ConvertXToDVD old version 2.x