Extreme Slow Burn Times

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: VSO Support, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

Re: Extreme Slow Burn Times

Postby trekdriver » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Ok, I'm new here and can't figure how how to post my question, SORRY if i'm in the wrong place but here goes: I have been using conv4 for quite some time now. I just purchased a new P.C. win8.1 64 bit. Re-installed all my old programs, no problems. The old antique used to take over an hour to convert like 2 movies, and 10-20 mn. to burn. I did have to replace the burner at one time, but that made no difference. Now with this new desktop it only takes 1?3 the time to convert, but it's taking like an hour to burn. The writer is the one that came installed in the new box Some kind of multi recorder, that has duel layer capibilities. Not that I would use em, too expensive. Is it the burner itself, or some setting I need to change??? :?:
trekdriver

Postby Copnm » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Hello trekdriver,

It could be a # of possibilities. First off, are you using the same discs as before? When I ask that, I mean are the MIDs (Media IDs) the same? Ie, MID: ABC123. Secondly, I would get rid of the pre-installed burner. Those are usually garbage. You can most likely use the same burner you've been using in your old computer, that is if the connection type is the same (SATA).

For more help and info, please read this: burning-guide-tips-rev-3-t17830.html.

Thanks for reading,
Neil M
ALWAYS search the forums and read announcements. They will most likely have the answer(s) you are looking for.
Copnm

Postby trekdriver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:53 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Ya, I'm using the same media I was using, right now their "color research" I have a 200 pack I need to get thru before buying others. I did pull the burner out of my old P.C. it's a Samsung SH-222. Kept it cause it's fairly new, just in case. Funny thing I tried burning the same files that took so long to burn onto disk, and burned them into a ISO file, and sent that to the burner. That time it only took like 10 minutes. I burned a couple of music files onto c.d. that took the normal amt. of time also. My new desktop is an Acer-12GB ram-1TB. memory- running win 8.1 with an i7 processor. Too bad theres no slot to just add another burner due to the way they made the faceplate. So I'd have to open up the machine, take out the pre-installed burner and replace it. No big deal, theres just something about blowing 700 bucks on something and pulling it apart less than a week later. I also have dvd fab, maybe i'll try copying something just to see how long that takes. I will stay in touch
trekdriver

Postby trekdriver » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:01 pm

I really didn't want to open this new box up, but after a little re-search and a phone call to Samsung tech support (to find out if my player would work w/ win. 8) I went ahead and switched out the burners. Thats a win win, now I convert faster cause of the new P.C. and back to 10-15 minute burns using my other burner. Good thing I removed it before tossing F.R.E.D. in the trash. ( fkn. ridicules electronic device)
Thank You very much for your suggestions, live long and prosper :D
trekdriver

Postby Copnm » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Hello trekdriver,

I'm glad you got it to work!

Although you purchased an expensive PC, unless you personally customized which burner should be in it, they usually put in a cheap one to make up for cost. Those are the ones you should avoid. Just my 2 cents. But again, I'm glad you got it to work to your liking. Enjoy! :D

Thanks for reading,
Neil M
ALWAYS search the forums and read announcements. They will most likely have the answer(s) you are looking for.
Copnm

Previous

Return to ConvertXtoDVD version 4.x