Does this work with Windows 7

old version of ConvertXtoDVD questions and problems (but most solved by using version 3)

Moderators: Cougar_II, ckhouston, JJ, Claire, Forum admin

Does this work with Windows 7

Postby James2005 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Okay, so I was going to convert some movies and what not, but then I noticed that every time I clicked on one instead of open it told me to save. It wouldn't save projects either. I rather use Convertxtodvd 2 more than I'd rather use 3 or 4.
James2005

Postby hansK » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:42 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm Post subject: Does this work with Windows 7
Okay, so I was going to convert some movies and what not, but then I noticed that every time I clicked on one instead of open it told me to save. It wouldn't save projects either. I rather use Convertxtodvd 2 more than I'd rather use 3 or 4.

Probably not as that this v2 version was discontinued long before the introduction of Windows 7.
hansK
VSO Fanatic

Postby geronimo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 pm

8) I had the same problem, until I discovered a work around. First open the directory full screen, listing the video ro be converted. Then open CX2DVD on top of this directory. Drag and drop the file(s) into CX2DVD. If files are in different directories, just minimize CX2DVD and re-open in each new directory.
EDIT: Another option is to right click convertxtodvd.exe>clk properties>clk Compatibility tab>check markbox for Run this program in compatibilty mode for: [Windows Vista (service pack 2)]. Also, Check mark box for Run this program as an administrator. clk OK.
This mode seems to have better picture quality, but skews progression display sync, even though actual encoding completes normally.
A third option, available to Win 7 Ultimate and Pro users only, is a Wix XP emulator add-on(~15GB), available on the MS website.
Last edited by geronimo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
geronimo

Postby Claire » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Hello,

In fact using the add buttons in ConvertXtoDVD 2 are not compatible with Windows 7.

geronimo solution will be the best way to get around this.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Return to ConvertXToDVD old version 2.x