Copy To 4 & 5 Burning Engine Bug

Burning software suite: burn CD / DVD / Blu-Ray, data, movies, photos, audio, ISO files

Moderators: VSO Support, Cougar_II, Forum admin

Copy To 4 & 5 Burning Engine Bug

Postby Budda_357 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:10 am

Hi, Guys
I cannot remember from what version the problem first happened. Any DVD folder (that i.e. created using CDX4) the burn is successful but the DVD will not play in any DVD player :cry: i.e. Samsung that singed the accord with the Motion Pictures Expert Group to produce machines with certified MPEG boards.
The same disc will play in Chinese produced el cheapo nock off (they have believe if you can put in on a disc it will play). None of the 4 Samsung units I have will play the disc (comes up with the error message "this disc cannot be played"). :twisted:
The same problem happens in with copy 5.
It has not worried me as I have also Slysofts Copy to DVD 2 :D the same DVD folder used with this software plays on any machine to date.
I have the SAO settings enabled and burn setting at 4x can you suggest any other setting to try :?:
Regards
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Budda_357

Re: Copy To 4 & 5 Burning Engine Bug

Postby JJ » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:07 am

Actually this issue is another way around:

DVD structure should always be burned with VideoDVD-burn settings, if you just burn a folder to DVD then most likely it will not work on some players.
This is happening because DVD standard requires that actual video files are burned to certain point in DVD, and pointer to that is in .ifo file.
Simply burning DVD-folders as data to DVD does not modify that pointer on .ifo file.

Most players today ignore that pointer and use filesystem calls to find video, but older ones will fail unless burn is done correctly.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
JJ
VSO Fanatic

Return to CopyTo - CopyToDVD