Convince me to upgrade

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: VSO Support, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

Convince me to upgrade

Postby sjrooney » Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 pm

I have previously purchased licences for v2 and v3 of ConvertX. V2 to V3 was a big jump in terms of menu creation and speed of conversion.
I'm very happy with V3 so what are the killer features in V4 that should make me want to upgrade? Looking through the release notes I don't see any compelling reason so can anybody convince me otherwise?

Regards,
Steve
sjrooney

Postby toaddub » Sat May 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Some of the reasons to upgrade:

1. Fix known bugs from v3.
2. Multi-core encoding support - makes conversion a lot faster.
3. List of resize filters to choose from.
4. 2-pass encoding that may or may not improve quality depending on scenario.
5. Enhancement of merge window.
6. Burning engine revamped.
7. Audio normalization and DTS -> AC3 conversion ability.
8. More new features to be implemented.
toaddub

Re: Convince me to upgrade

Postby wellpip » Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am

sjrooney wrote:I have previously purchased licences for v2 and v3 of ConvertX. V2 to V3 was a big jump in terms of menu creation and speed of conversion.
I'm very happy with V3 so what are the killer features in V4 that should make me want to upgrade? Looking through the release notes I don't see any compelling reason so can anybody convince me otherwise?

Regards,
Steve

Don’t waste your money if you already have a stable version and are happy with it. Basically you are just paying for a few bug fixes.. I’m not shelling out again unless they include extra features, particularly in the menu area, it looks so dated now. new money for old rope.

:D
wellpip

Postby DMaarten » Thu May 06, 2010 2:15 pm

The quality of the resize filters alone is worth an upgrade
DMaarten

Re: Convince me to upgrade

Postby LaoziSailor » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 pm

OK, I have the same question, except it is now 2014 and VSO dropped me from their database :? Good thing I am a pack rat and had setup and license information or it would have been hell to get that information.
I have migrated through 3 PCs since I last used ConvertXtoDVD. I paid twice for upgrades and I understand VSO needs to recover costs, but hey they are pushing it a bit at 39.99 for old license holders.
Also when I uninstalled the the trial v5 they gave me a popup to get it for $0 if I joined some other outfit to buy their stuff.
Anyway, I am such a low end user, I will just stick to my rediscovered v3.
Not really happy
LaoziSailor

Return to ConvertXtoDVD version 4.x