ConvertXtoDVD v4.0/v4.1 WISH LIST

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

ComputerGuru269

Re:

Post by ComputerGuru269 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:52 pm

lifeschool wrote:Thank you Claire. I've taken a look at the link you posted regarding 'The ability to play part of a video', and yes the idea I posted is similar but not quite the same.

The problem I have with my festival footage is that I want to play the same three films as ONE film (without any other titles being included) OR as separate films. In other words, I want the same footage to be accessable in two different ways. At the moment, I have merged all three days of footage to make one long movie, and then loaded the exact same footage in again to be able to play them as separate days. If there was a 'play part' feature, I could merge the three films into one film - and then choose which extractions I wanted to play independently as well.

As we speak, I'm trying to work out the best solution using 'merge title', but again, I'm having to wait a while for the results as there is no way to test the menu (menu preview) before compiling the whole thing. As I'm using a custom menu (by editing the .ini file), this process can be difficult.

Sorry to go on. I'll see what I can do.

Dan.

The following is mentioned elsewhere and perhaps you have seen it but you don't want to do it this way.

Instead of doing all you mention, couldn't you just merge all the titles as one like you are doing already, but instead of adding the individual titles as well just use chapter markers. Then if want to play the individual segments, you can just go to chapters menu and select the one you want. Of course you would have to find the time marker for each segment in the merged titleset.

JoeB
VSO Fanatic

Re: Re:

Post by JoeB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:30 pm

ComputerGuru269 wrote:Instead of doing all you mention, couldn't you just merge all the titles as one like you are doing already, but instead of adding the individual titles as well just use chapter markers. Then if want to play the individual segments, you can just go to chapters menu and select the one you want. Of course you would have to find the time marker for each segment in the merged titleset.
Actually, with merged titlesets he wouldn't have to find the time marker for each merged titleset. If you turn off automatic chapter markings and then merge titlesets, the program makes one chapter marker for the beginning of each titleset.

Regards,

JoeB

ComputerGuru269

Re: Re:

Post by ComputerGuru269 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:02 am

JoeB wrote:
ComputerGuru269 wrote:Instead of doing all you mention, couldn't you just merge all the titles as one like you are doing already, but instead of adding the individual titles as well just use chapter markers. Then if want to play the individual segments, you can just go to chapters menu and select the one you want. Of course you would have to find the time marker for each segment in the merged titleset.
Actually, with merged titlesets he wouldn't have to find the time marker for each merged titleset. If you turn off automatic chapter markings and then merge titlesets, the program makes one chapter marker for the beginning of each titleset.

Regards,

JoeB
Never actually done it myself so didn't know that JoeB, thanks for the heads up. Just remembered someone suggesting that to someone else in forums and thought he might could do same thing.

illogical

Re: ConvertXtoDVD v4.0/v4.1 WISH LIST

Post by illogical » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:58 am

Doesn't happen with DVD Decrypter, Nor Nero in the case of Nero it makes no difference wether you create ISO or NRG. :?

illogical

Post by illogical » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:36 pm

DVD Decrypter don't cause this issue, nor Nero or Alchol120 regardless of type of image file being created. :roll:

ComputerGuru269

Post by ComputerGuru269 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 am

No problems creating ISO here. i7 2600k, 8 GB Crucial, Asus WS Revolution MB, Antec 1200W High Current Pro PS, Samsung SSD system drive saving ISO to a IDE Maxtor Diamondmax.

illogical

Post by illogical » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:08 pm

ComputerGuru269 wrote:No problems creating ISO here. i7 2600k, 8 GB Crucial, Asus WS Revolution MB, Antec 1200W High Current Pro PS, Samsung SSD system drive saving ISO to a IDE Maxtor Diamondmax.
I think when I have time I'll start a dedicated thread to this problem, as I'm not the only one experiencing this.
On my rig speciffically I have enough drives and controller for there to be no shared time, no interrups nothing other than a smooth seamless data flow, type of drive is irrelevant other than to speed when using SSD'S, but the issue at least 2 of us have is the PC hanging while the ISO is being written, OK it only takes 2 minutes or less but still should not be.
I think I still have earlier versions 2 & 3 I'll test those under the same settings and post again in a new dedicated thread, so as not to intervere with the wish list.
I have 2 laptops and 3 PCs to repair right now so it may be Wednesday before I post again.

Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:33 pm

A version 6 is now available and it adds many new features requested - complete menu editor where items can be moved around and also the intro video (to play before DVD menu displays)
see what is new here
why-update-to-convertxtodvd-6-new-excit ... 18959.html
get the beta v6 here
convertxtodvd-beta-version-t18950.html