"Burn an already converted project"

discussions about ConvertXtoDVD latest versions, avi to dvd video converter software, burns videos from your PC to watch on your DVD with menus and subtitles.

Moderators: Cougar_II, ckhouston, JJ, Claire, Forum admin

"Burn an already converted project"

Postby binaryterror » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:07 pm

I have converted so many movies now and every time I am done I save them to a movie folder I have. Yet when I go to burn it again it doesn't work because it doesn't even recognize the format even though I saved it through the program.

So how do you guys save your converted movies so that you can quickly burn another without having to re-convert?

Thanks
binaryterror

Re: "Burn an already converted project"

Postby JoeB » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:28 am

binaryterror wrote:I have converted so many movies now and every time I am done I save them to a movie folder I have. Yet when I go to burn it again it doesn't work because it doesn't even recognize the format even though I saved it through the program.

You don't save your converted movies through the program. When you convert a movie the converted movie is saved in the working folder that you choose in Settings, using the General tab and selecting a working forlder for the conversion. The conversion creates two sub-folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS within that working forlder. All of the converted files are in the VIDEO_TS folder. If you have not selected the option to delete files after burning then those files will stay there for future use. To burn them again just go to Action>Burn Existing DVD, browse to the specific working folder and open it, click once on the VIDEO_TS folder to highlight it, and click OK.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB

Postby sandyocean2 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:03 am

Just wanted to say I think its completley useless only being able to burn 1 movie per disc from existing saved project. How ridiculous to create such a programme. Someone thinks we have time and money to burn on DVD's obviously!
sandyocean2

Postby ckhouston » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 am

Those converted folders that JoeB mentioned have to be written in a certain way to conform to standards set up long ago in order for DVD players to be able to read and play them. Those standards allow only one converted structure on each DVD. In other words, all movies you want on a DVD have to be converted together at the same time unless you are an expert that can sometimes combine them manually or use another program to re-author the DVD with another menu structure.
ckhouston

Return to ConvertXtoDVD old version 3.x