"Best Possible Result" ?

Avi to DVD and other video conversions, such as wmv to DVD, mts to DVD, mkv to DVD and more. 2 pass encoding, multi-core support, and always more files supported.

Moderators: VSO Support, JJ, ckhouston, Phil, Forum admin

"Best Possible Result" ?

Postby Simon2137 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 pm

I convert MKV 'HD' files to DVD-R, mainly TV shows typically 22 or 45 mins. I'm interested in getting the best possible video quality. Settings are generally as default.

I notice that, as I add files, the 'traffic light' indicator changes e.g. from "Best possible result (Auto Very short project)" to "Best possible result (Auto Medium project)". Is the video quality identical when "Best possible result" is indicated regardless of the size of the project? (It seems not, but my eyes could be deceiving me.)

Or, to get the best possible result, should I always minimize the amount of material on each disc.

Many thanks.
Simon2137

Re: "Best Possible Result" ?

Postby JoeB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

Simon2137 wrote:I convert MKV 'HD' files to DVD-R, mainly TV shows typically 22 or 45 mins. I'm interested in getting the best possible video quality. Settings are generally as default.

I notice that, as I add files, the 'traffic light' indicator changes e.g. from "Best possible result (Auto Very short project)" to "Best possible result (Auto Medium project)". Is the video quality identical when "Best possible result" is indicated regardless of the size of the project? (It seems not, but my eyes could be deceiving me.)

Or, to get the best possible result, should I always minimize the amount of material on each disc.

Many thanks.

Please read the post at the top of the forum about Anwsers to most of your conversion questions to learn about how to get the best results from ConvertX depending on input.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB
VSO Fanatic

Return to ConvertXtoDVD version 4.x