audio / video out of synch

discussions about ConvertXtoDVD latest versions, avi to dvd video converter software, burns videos from your PC to watch on your DVD with menus and subtitles.

Moderators: Cougar_II, ckhouston, JJ, Claire, Forum admin

audio / video out of synch

Postby silver fox » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Just tried to convert a previous video that ended up out of synch and got the same result. From what I have read of the instructions the conversion log is contained between the phrases : - Log session start....log session stop. This seems a relatively small section of the Notepad log file for the said session dated 28th Nov so I'm sending it all. Pardon me if this is too much data, just getting the feel of the site. Hope someone can see why the out of synch is resulting. Thank a lot Dave.
Attachments
log file.txt
(18.14 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
silver fox

Re: audio / video out of synch

Postby JJ » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:20 am

As you are using CxD3 I moved your topic to correct forum.

Then, your log shows that those flv files have incorrect fps of 17. That causes conversion to go off-sync and files to stop abrutly.
What is real viewing time of those files?
You might need to fix those files before conversion.

Another issue is your blank media, CMC MAG - very low quality, most likely causes issues.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
JJ

Postby silver fox » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Sincere apologies for my dullness, as a silver surfer well past my sell by date most of the abreviations used in this I.T. technical jargon is beyond me. When you say the fps of 17 is incorrect I'm sorry that means nothing to me so if you don't mind I need more pointers. The real time of the 17 episodes I merged together is 136 minutes which quaility of which before converstion is said to be "Good" & as you will see from the attachment the DVD's I am using (Verbatim) are advertised as being among the "UK's Best Blank Deals." If this media is -as you suggest- maybe one of the mitigating factors that are the cause of the out of synch result, what blanks would you recommend for this sort of process? Lastly, it is obvious I am using an ancient version of ConvertX, are you aware that having purchased & registered the version I am using do I qualify for a free upgrade or do I need to purchase the latest version as this aspect of converting and burning constitutes a major part of my computing actiovities, keeping friends supplied with lectures & sermons from the net. Thanks in anticipation. Regards SF.
Attachments
Verbatim.jpg
silver fox

Postby JJ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:08 am

You can update inside same version for free. Just download and install last v3.
Then, media brand (Verbatim, Maxell etc.) means nothing - media ID is what matters.
On page where you find that picture there is a table on right side, check that out for more info.

Playing time; you can see in log that every file shows this message:
2011-11-28 14:42:43 Info Generated duration 2217.04 sec., expected 3694.94 sec.

That means that file header claims file to be 3694.94 seconds long, but when it was converted, there was data only for 2217.04 seconds.

2011-11-28 14:36:35 Info Output Stream #1 (VIDEO) - mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 16:15 DAR 4:3], q=2-31, 6757 kb/s, frame compensation: 17.000 -> 25.00 Fps

This line means that file header claims file to use 17 FPS, but for DVD use there needs to be 25 FPS so conversion is done, in this case adding more frames.

Now, to break this into something simple.
Video is basically just a series of pictures. Human eye can not detect simple pictures when they are shown faster than 24 pictures (frames) every second, it becomes smooth motion, video. Those files are using non-standard FPS or they have wrong information on file header about it.

When you watch any of those files before conversion, are they smooth? How long do they play for? What is playtime for last video in your project?
JJ

Postby silver fox » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:40 am

Sincere apologies for not responding sooner, was unaware that you had replied. Influenced by what happens on another forum I write to where a notification is sent to my IN box when a reply has been made to a question / comment. I had looked for the appropriate box to tick in my profile but I was obviously looking in the wrong place; hope that is corrected now so I don't appear slothful. Regarding the out of synch problem; the downloaded video [before convertion] plays perfectly from the HD so it seems the fault occurs during the conversion process. I opened the CxtoDVD where converted files are stored, located the file & played the first chapter the audio of which I found to be about three seconds behind the video. Because all six episodes total 321 minutes I decided to convert them into two sets of three at conversion when were said to still GOOD when analised.
Maybe I will repeat the conversion for the first three, use a different blank media and see what the log reports. Thanks again SF
silver fox

Postby JJ » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 am

If they go out of sync immediately then it might be that those files use codecs that cause conversion to go out of sync.
Try with v4, it has fixed lot of similar problems with codecs etc.
Trial version is free, just has that watermark but at least you can find out if it works.
JJ

Postby silver fox » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for the reply, in JJ's post Dec 2 he wrote [You can update inside same version for free.] This kinda puzzled me as I am already using V3. Just now when I tried to use V3 a pop said there is a newer version available so I downloaded it but when I tried to register it both my email address & old key were rejected. Seems that if the licence is older than 1 year another fee is required to activate V 4. I certainly don't begrudge purchasing V4 as the prog certainly is fab as far as I am concerned but as a -not so well off- pensioner, I would be most appreciative if it can be downloaded free. I have just started to use VSO downloader which I understand, selects the most appropriate available format when downloading videos from e.g. You Tube so maybe the following point is irrelevant but previously I used Forefox's add-on "Download Helper" and note (see att) that sometimes there are multiple options to download in. Am I right in assuming the best option from the random selection of screen shots would be the option with the highest number (ie 360) or is mp4 the best seeing I have just downloaded part one of a series using VSO downloader and it selected that option automatically? OOPS just re-read JJ's post 29th Nov and realise there are some points I haven't addressed. It was said the video was in 17 fps & that I should rectify that; would if I know how to but don't. The duration of the entire six part series is 321 minutes so I converted 1 to 3 & 4 to 6 seperately and burnt to two DVD's. Still nibbling away at this rather big carrot. Many thanks SF
Attachments
OPTION.jpg
silver fox

Postby JJ » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:41 pm

About licence; you can download last v3 update for free, link is in top post of this forum.
V4 is not free after that one year, but you can try it without licence. Just "Try" and it will create watermark on converted video, but you can test if problem is fixed in v4.
There really has been huge amount of new codecs and packing methods, v3 simply is not upto date on those.
JJ

Postby silver fox » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:53 am

JJ Thanks for the feedback.... regarding downloading V3, [Quote] [i]About licence; you can download last v3 update for free, link is in top post of this forum.[/i] If V3 -that is free to download- is unchanged since it first came out, (I purchased mine some 8 years ago) what benefit would there be for me to download it again? As for the out of Synch problem, it may just be possible that part of the problem was my own doing. It just happens that many of the lectures / sermons I download from You Tube have as many as 17 episoded to them and I might not have been thorough enought to download them in all the same formats. (If that is what the various options mean in the last attachment to my post 9th Dec. ) However, since using the VSO downloader -which I read- selects the best format, recent conversions have not had the out of synch problem so I hope it is a thing of the past. Should it occur again I may just have to get myself V4. Thanks for all the replies & seasons greetings to all readers. SF.
silver fox

Postby JJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:56 pm

If using VSO Downloader (and converting format with it) is solving this issue, then it is clearly those new codecs causing this.
Most likely v4 can convert those just fine.
JJ

Postby silver fox » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:34 pm

.........if V3 fails to give the desired result I will certainly go for V4. Many years ago I was fortunate enough to get V3 at a special reduced price being a subscriber to Computeractive magazine who offered it for sale. If anyone knows of such a deal going anywhere I sure would be pleased to learn of it? cheers SF :lol:
silver fox

Postby ComputerGuru269 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:23 pm

I have had sync problems on occasion and am able to fix it sometimes by just changing the settings in CX2D's 'Audio' tab. I'm usually only converting a single title though, not several, so may not work for you.

Try the different audio format options available and see if helps. Sometimes just switching from say 'AC-3' to 'Automatic' or vice versa worked for me.

Can also try enabling/disabling "Do not fix audio discontinuities" and/or "Convert DTS to AC-3" options.
ComputerGuru269

Postby peleus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi. I hope this is helpful but I think the newest version was able to fix this already.
peleus

Return to ConvertXtoDVD old version 3.x