Attributes added back to forum!

questions and comments about website + forum

Moderators: Maggie, Forum admin

Claire
VSO Team Member

Attributes added back to forum!

Post by Claire » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

A new forum feature has been added called Attribute.

This feature allows moderators and users who create a new thread to mark a thread with a certain tag, aka "Attribute". This is helpful when a problem is solved, for the user who posted the original problem to go back and mark his/her topic "Solved".

This will place the attribute at the beginning of the title of thread:

This makes the forum easier to read and navigate. It also allows forum participants to be more efficient when trying to provide help to new or existing threads. It saves a lot of time for regular users to see in a glance what issues are solved or not.

What is cool as that now the creator of a thread can mark his own thread/ problem he or she submitted as solved!

* I have also added it to the forum rules.
Attachments
Snap8.jpg

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Attributes added back to forum!

Post by Claire » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 pm

You can also "search the forum" and have search filter be an "attribute". For example, search all [Solved] threads. Cool, huh :), I think so!
Attachments
Snap7.jpg

ckhouston
VSO Fanatic

Post by ckhouston » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 pm

It would be a very useful feature if more posters marked their topics with the attributes. Too many never return to let us know if their problem is solved or what the solution was. It would add a lot to the knowledge base if they did and help a lot of people.

MarkHenry

Post by MarkHenry » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

It's useful I have just a visit through the forum; tag with solved threads makes very easy to differentiate the open threads from the resolved ones.