DVD Converter: new beta version available! (2.1.1.35)

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

alan1476

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.15)

Post by alan1476 »

New version is awesome. This program is coming alone very nicely, I had a little pixelation with .14 but now it seems to be fixed, not sure if it was the program.
JimmyFoo

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.16)

Post by JimmyFoo »

Version 1.2.1.16 has an issue with ISO's. When I load an iso I get selected HD structure doesn't contain any video stream.
Version 1.2.1.12 was able to do this on the same iso without a problem.

I am trying to get a key and I am a gold member. I get the old key which worked with 1.2.1.12 it registered fine and worked well (had some issues with the functionality of the app not registration) however now I cannot get the new key (the longer one) even when I request an upgrade through the email request.
zebadee

Post by zebadee »

JimmyFoo wrote:Version 1.2.1.16 has an issue with ISO's. When I load an iso I get selected HD structure doesn't contain any video stream.

I am trying to get a key and I am a gold member. I get the old key which worked with 1.2.1.12 it registered fine and worked well (had some issues with the functionality of the app not registration) however now I cannot get the new key (the longer one) even when I request an upgrade through the email request.
Claire wrote:PM me with your email that is used in our database and I will send you a new key.
Hi :)
Try the PM route mentioned by Claire... ;)
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@JimmyFoo I created and sent your new key. Make sure to check your spam folder in case you don't see it.
jg0001

Post by jg0001 »

As a goldmember, the KEY I received via the automated request form is in the standard XXXX - XXXX - etc - X format, not the text paragraph format that seems to be asked for. I'd like to run this program, but don't want to have to re-encode everything later to get rid of the watermark currently present on it. My forum profile email address is my goldmember linked address, so please feel free to email it directly. Thank you.
zebadee

Post by zebadee »

jg0001 wrote:As a goldmember, the KEY I received via the automated request form is in the standard XXXX - XXXX - etc - X format, not the text paragraph format that seems to be asked for. I'd like to run this program, but don't want to have to re-encode everything later to get rid of the watermark currently present on it. My forum profile email address is my goldmember linked address, so please feel free to email it directly. Thank you.
If you try again now.
You should get the "new" start with vso-xxx-xxx etc finish with =.
However even this does not work for me... :roll:
zebadee

Post by zebadee »

New key activation.
I have found out that the key generated when emailed can look like this.

VSO_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX=

If this happens for you.
Simply edit to form a continuous line like this.

VSO_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX=

Copy & paste this!

Works for me.

Many thanks to Claire for help with this. :D
zebadee

Post by zebadee »

How about making this thread a sticky?
As is for Blu-ray Converter.
This helps when looking for latest version. (Public or Beta.)
TIA
jg0001

Post by jg0001 »

I get the same issue with .ISO's as JimmyFoo above me... I can mount them virtually and then use the 'disc' method, but the .ISO method would be nicer. [The .ISO method does work for me in the Blu-Ray version of this program.]
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

JimmyFoo wrote:Version 1.2.1.16 has an issue with ISO's. When I load an iso I get selected HD structure doesn't contain any video stream.
I had this issue starting with v1.2.1.11 and posted about it (refer here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/v1-2-1-11 ... 14716.html) . Any unmounted DVD ISO I fails to load if I either drag and drop or load it. I posted about this but no one seemed interested. I didn't test the last two versions but I expect the problem hasn't been looked at since it's not in the release notes and it should be a simple fix since this is the only VSO product exhibiting the bug. I never tried v1.2.1.12 but the problem was present in 1.2.1.11 and 1.2.1.14 so it doesn't make sense that it would exist, then vanish, and then return.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi all,

You will be able to load your ISO image with last beta version (1.2.1.17) :

http://forums.vso-software.fr/post71832.html#p71832

Thank you for your feedback!
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

cedric wrote:Hi all,

You will be able to load your ISO image with last beta version (1.2.1.17) :

http://forums.vso-software.fr/post71832.html#p71832

Thank you for your feedback!
Sorry, cedric, but this is only a partial fix. Please refer here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/v1-2-1-11 ... tml#p72678.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.17)

Post by cedric »

Hi,

Don't be sorry, I fixed this problem with your help! (fix will be available in next version)

Thanks.
Kincaid

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.17)

Post by Kincaid »

cedric wrote:Hi,

Don't be sorry, I fixed this problem with your help! (fix will be available in next version)

Thanks.
Thanks, cedric. Works great in v1.2.1.18 beta!
lightlyprinted

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.18)

Post by lightlyprinted »

I have the 1.2.1.15 version installed.
I was converting a DVD folder to MKV, and I choose the HD ready (720p) H264 profile that is next after the mp4 profile.
The program crashed after three failed attempts.
So I went with the mp4 profile and it worked.
Is there a codec I need to get, so that the HD ready (720p) H264 profile well work?
I have the regular K-Lite Codec Pack plus its x64 version as well.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Lightlyprinted, I think you problem has been solved ind 1.2.1.18 can you try and let us know?
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Claire
On task manager you see the first part of the launch then nothing unfortunately when managed to see the program start did not take note of all the start processors. Will download the new version and let you know.
I do not know if the program relies on flash I had a problem with one of my Corel versions of Video Studio that appears to mimic the same.
Will download the new stable version and give it a go. Have got a good collection of process explorers and remember one displays the order the starting processors as a log file so if the new version has the same effect should be able to at least identify what processes in order that do not start.
Regards Budda [sic] :mrgreen:
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Budda_357

Post by Budda_357 »

Claire
Have just noticed that now the program is displayed on VSO's web site.
Read the information and noticed core 2 quad optimized how does the program behave with the 2nd gen I7 hyper threading processors.
Have just finished building a new rig with the new gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 with an unlocked I7-2600 running at 4.5 gig
Are there any plans to release 64 bit versions as it would be nice to be able to use all the 16 gig of ram instead of the 4 gig max that 32 bit applications are restricted to on 64 bit OS :(
If you are it would make us :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The more that software developers start to implement (would really boost sales) the sooner the better.
You only have to look at video editors who develop their programs utilizing Nividia Goforce cards games use to be more ATI AMD cards now they do both.
Mother boards now include SLI and Crossfire options and the company I love the least Adobe have with CS5 optimize with GTX570 Niveadia or higher cards.
Regards Budda [sic]
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
lightlyprinted

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.20)

Post by lightlyprinted »

I forgot to post this the last time when I was running vsoDVDConverterUltimate 1.2.1.15.
The sub. that I choose did not convert into the mp4/mkv.
And the movies well only play on Windows Media Player and well not play on my Media Player Classic (which is my choose for viewing)
So I re-muxed it with Mkvmerge and ripped the sub with VobSub and added it to the mux and was then able to see the sub. and watch it
on Media Player Classic.
Mkvmerge listed an error on ID3, or something like that.
I just installed vsoDVDConverterUltimate 1.2.1.19 and well let you know what happens.
lightlyprinted

Re: DVD Converter: new version available! (1.2.1.20)

Post by lightlyprinted »

OK
I installed vsoDVDConverterUltimate 1.2.1.19 stable.
And it still crashed when it tried to convert.(HD Ready (720p) H264)
So I tried "HD Ready (720p) H264 CUDA" and that worked, but it still would not convert the sub.
In that TV screen, as it started converting, I saw a few seconds of sub. and that was it.
It did not show those few seconds in the "HD Ready (720p) H264 CUDA" movie.
So I wanted to get the info off of Mkvmerge and here is what the error said:
Warning: matroska_reader: The CodecID for track 3 is 'S_VOBSUB', but there was no private data found.

What was different from what a MeGUI conversion was that MeGUI only has in the container. (video, audio, chapters)
Yours has (video, audio, chapters,global tags, tags for track ID 1, tags for track ID 2).
When I remove (global tags, tags for track ID 1, tags for track ID 2) from the MKV and re-mux it, it works just fine in Media Player Classic.

Should I try the 1.2.1.20 beta version or should I wait for the next stable version?