very pixelated

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

simple

very pixelated

Post by simple »

i just updated to the latest version .13 from the official download page and the playback is shocking converting to 720p x264 ... i have not had this problem prior using the previous versions and done around 20 conversions .

any ideas what has changed?
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: very pixelated

Post by cedric »

Hi,

Which container do you use (AVI, MKV, MP4...), and where is the quality helper needle just before starting the conversion?
EDIT : Which video quality have you selected in step 2?

Thanks!
simple

Post by simple »

i have generic 720p x264 best quality to dvd 9 .... i tried two movies the quality needle was 80 maybe more doing 300 (movie only) i run he vso removal tool and reinstalled but still the problem persists i have not installed any new programs on my pc that may cause confliction . i also use anydvd hd for decryption
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi,

I fixed a problem with MKV FullHD (1080p) H264 *HQ* encoder profile where output video can be pixelated in some cases, but no problem with the profile you used.
Can you say me if you get this problem with lastest versions too? (last public : 1.2.1.15, last beta : 1.2.1.16)

Thanks!
jg0001

Post by jg0001 »

Have you watched this movie in it's native format before converting it?

Two things are particular to this movie:
(1) 300 has a LOT of "grit" in the original video
(2) That 'grit' is difficult for compression algo's to handle
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hi simple,

I worked on encoder settings in last beta version (1.2.1.21), and video quality should be great now:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/blu-ray-c ... s-f36.html

The encoding process will be a little longer, but the output video quality will be higher.

Like jg0001 said, type of video to encode (Blu-ray with grain, cartoons...) can cause some issue with bitrate reservoir gesture.
With last encoder settings, video quality should be great for all video types...

PS : if you want to keep Blu-ray quality, you can try muxing profiles added in AVI & MKV profiles (subtitle are not yet managed in this version)

Thank you for your feedback!