v2.0.0.61: It's getting worse ...

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mue.mat

v2.0.0.61: It's getting worse ...

Post by mue.mat »

Hi Felicia

I've just tried out new beta version 2.0.0.61 by trying to convert 7 mkv hd files simultanously into bluray structure (720p).
Several bugs are "bothering":

1. Even after installing new beta version 2.0.0.61: after starting software there appears a new window that I should update ConvertXtoVideo, that my version is not legit
2. Conversion doesn't start simultanously, only one file after another (the second video would only start to convert after first video has finished).
3. After starting conversion opening file message stays on screen
4. Software crashes (keeps hanging, freezes) after about 12% of conversion.
5. While using custom profile for conversion, video files with framerate 25 ore 29 are converted with framerate 24. This only happens with custom profile. When I'm using normal BluRay 720p profile, video files with framerate 25 or 29 are converted correctly with framerate 25 or 29.
But this problem exists for a long time (even mentioned before). By the way: video files with framerate 23.97 are converted correctly with framerate 23.97, even while using custom profile.

You got private message with several screen shots and log files.

Regards
mue.mat
ira

Re: v2.0.0.61: It's getting worse ...

Post by ira »

And when task completed, the lovely lady did not announce "task complete" or whatever she says. All setting and options were enabled. Think this is new for .61
Ira
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:1. Even after installing new beta version 2.0.0.61: after starting software there appears a new window that I should update ConvertXtoVideo, that my version is not legit
Will be fixed in next build
mue.mat wrote:2. Conversion doesn't start simultanously, only one file after another (the second video would only start to convert after first video has finished).
Can't reproduce, does this happen event if you don't use CUDA? Edit:Can you check your max simultaneous conversions settings
mue.mat wrote:3. After starting conversion opening file message stays on screen
Can't reproduce, does it happen everytime
mue.mat wrote:4. Software crashes (keeps hanging, freezes) after about 12% of conversion.
Does it happen with any file?
mue.mat wrote:5. While using custom profile for conversion, video files with framerate 25 ore 29 are converted with framerate 24. This only happens with custom profile. When I'm using normal BluRay 720p profile, video files with framerate 25 or 29 are converted correctly with framerate 25 or 29.
But this problem exists for a long time (even mentioned before). By the way: video files with framerate 23.97 are converted correctly with framerate 23.97, even while using custom profile.
Have you checked the "Allow 25p, 30p, 50p, ..." in the Blu-Ray settings?
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

ira wrote:And when task completed, the lovely lady did not announce "task complete" or whatever she says. All setting and options were enabled. Think this is new for .61
Do you have a realtek based sound drivers?
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

Please, consider posting feedback on beta versions in the beta versions dedicated thread.
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

mue.mat wrote:2. Conversion doesn't start simultanously, only one file after another (the second video would only start to convert after first video has finished).
Can't reproduce, does this happen event if you don't use CUDA? Edit:Can you check your max simultaneous conversions settings
YES, EVEN WITHOUT CUDA, SETTINGS ARE 8 MAX (AS EVERY TIME)
mue.mat wrote:3. After starting conversion opening file message stays on screen
Can't reproduce, does it happen everytime
YES, WHILE CONVERTING MULTIPLE VIDEO FILES SIMULTANOUSLY
mue.mat wrote:4. Software crashes (keeps hanging, freezes) after about 12% of conversion.
Does it happen with any file?
YES, AS LONG AS IT IS A MKV HD FILE (720P ODR 1080P) AND WHILE TRYING TO CONVERT MULTIPLE VIDEO FILES SIMULTANOUSLY
mue.mat wrote:5. While using custom profile for conversion, video files with framerate 25 ore 29 are converted with framerate 24. This only happens with custom profile. When I'm using normal BluRay 720p profile, video files with framerate 25 or 29 are converted correctly with framerate 25 or 29.
Have you checked the "Allow 25p, 30p, 50p, ..." in the Blu-Ray settings?[/quote]
YES

I DO COMPARE WITH FOR ME STABLE V2.0.0.47. ALL HAD BEEN WORKING FINE AS FOR MY USING.
REGARDS
MUE.MAT
ira

Post by ira »

felicia wrote:
ira wrote:And when task completed, the lovely lady did not announce "task complete" or whatever she says. All setting and options were enabled. Think this is new for .61
No. I've heard the audio msgs with every product and I believe this on prior to .61? So when I said new for .61" I would you ask which sound drivers I have?
Ira
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

ira wrote:
felicia wrote:
No. I've heard the audio msgs with every product and I believe this on prior to .61? So when I said new for .61" I would you ask which sound drivers I have?
I guess you wanted to ask "Why".
We've had issues with realtek based cards loosing sound output with our products for no apparent reason. one of our customers found out (with windows troubleshooting) that disabling realtek drivers fixed the issue.
ira

Post by ira »

ira wrote:When task completed, I did not hear "... task completed". All setting and options are default.
Do you have a realtek based sound drivers?[/quote]

Felicia,
Please disregard my comment RE not hearing the audio close out msg. I just ran a short DVD build test with .61 and heard her voice. Excuse my false alarm. Also, FYI: My sound card is Creative X SB X-Fi.
Ira
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hi Felicia
Have you read my private message to you (from Saturday) with several screen shots and log files? It doesn't seem so.
Regards
mue.mat
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

mue.mat wrote:Hi Felicia
Have you read my private message to you (from Saturday) with several screen shots and log files? It doesn't seem so.
Regards
mue.mat
Hi,

Yes, that's how I knew you were using CUDA

Regards,