[Solved] Smart Copy

Convert video to DVD, includes menu editor, edit videos, convert pal to ntsc, or ntsc to pal. Supports any video format for conversion to DVD, compatible with any DVD player.

Moderators: cedric, ckhouston, JJ, Claire, Phil, felicia, Forum admin

[Solved] Smart Copy

Postby Coral » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:52 pm

0011852: [Feature Request] Add new feature "Smart copy": allow remux of source video track (if fullly compatible) (cedric) - resolved

Does "if fully compatible" mean that the source must be mpg 2, 720x576 or 720x480 to allow direct copy witout recompression of the source video ?

I should think that If the source movie file is not mpg 2 it would still have to be converted and recompressed to DVD standards.

I think a clear explanation of how it works is necessary to avoid confusion.
Coral

Re: Smart Copy

Postby cedric » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:38 am

Hi all,

Regarding the new "smart copy" option added in last versions, some explanations are awaited...

Like explained in option hints, the source tracks (video, audio or subtitle) must be fully compatible with selected output format:

- First of all, the source must be a DVD Video STRUCTURE, that mean all mkv, avi, mp4... source files will not be remuxed.
- For video tracks: the source must have resolution, aspect ratio, codec and framerate allowed in DVD Video specifications AND have same format as selected output (PAL input cannot be remuxed in NTSC output)
- For audio tracks: the source must have channels count, bitrate, codec and sample format allowed in DVD Video specifications
- For subtitle tracks: the source must have codec and resolution (same as video output) allowed in DVD Video specifications

Regards,
cedric
VSO Team Member

Postby Coral » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Cedric
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Will you consider adding a Warning ! when the input data is not fully compatible ?
This would only be issued when Smart Copy is activated.
Thanks
Coral

Postby cedric » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Hello coral,

In last beta versions, I changed "smart copy" option, now you are 3 different choices:
- Disabled (always encode)
- Try to copy only if the source is a compliant structure
- Try to copy even if the source is a single file (less compatible)

Regards,
cedric
VSO Team Member

Postby Coral » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:06 am

Hi Cedric,
I think that should be a good idea. :D
Coral

Return to ConvertXtoDVD 6