problem with advanced cutting

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

tomverbinnen

problem with advanced cutting

Post by tomverbinnen »

Hello,
I'm using dvd converter ultimate 3.
I want to rip a dvd and within the different scenes I want to select only portions of that scene.
I'm using the tutorialfor this:
Cut
You can cut off any unwanted parts of the video, and make as many “cuts” as necessary within the video. Simply place the cursor in the underneath timeline where you want to start the cut and click on “Start Cut”. Then drag the cursor until the position where you want to place the end of the cut, and click on “end Cut”. This will create an entry with the timing of the beginning and end of cuts. You can create as many “cuts” as you want that way, each will appear in a chronological order in this window. Each “Cut” selection is also shown in the timeline below as a red portion so it is clearly identified that this part will be removed in the conversion. If you want to cancel a cut selection, simply click on the red X on its right.

All seems ok, however when the conversion is done the complete scene is converted and not only the cutted parts of it - what am I doint wrong here?
tnx for your urgent help.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: problem with advanced cutting

Post by Claire »

Hello,

What version are you using, try with the latest beta version, and also make sure you save your changes when you leave the advanced editing window.