Newbie question about the product

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

peter7769

Newbie question about the product

Post by peter7769 »

Hi
I am thinking about purchasing this product, but can you answer some question first, i know the product will allow me to convert Blu Ray to other formats like dvd etc, but will this product allow me to say convert an MKV or AVI file and burn it to Blu Ray? Also am i right in thinking that if i use this product along with AnyDVD i can rip a Blu Ray i own and make a back up of it? if it doesnt then can you recommend either a product that you produce that will do this or can you suggest something else.

i have been using convertX for years now and im just starting to get into Blu Rays so really need to try and get this answered if you can.

Thanks

Pete :wink:
peter7769

Re: Newbie question about the product

Post by peter7769 »

Can anyone help :?:

Pete
trm2011

Post by trm2011 »

Hi, i dont know the answers to all your questions, but blu ray converter is used to go from blu ray to all kinds of formats, but not from blu ray to blu ray.
A good program ive have used for blu ray to blu ray is avchd coder ( http://tools.twanwintjes.nl/index.php?page=avchdcoder ) its a free program.

maybe this will help you a little :D
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

trm2011 wrote:Hi, i dont know the answers to all your questions, but blu ray converter is used to go from blu ray to all kinds of formats, but not from blu ray to blu ray.
A good program ive have used for blu ray to blu ray is avchd coder ( http://tools.twanwintjes.nl/index.php?page=avchdcoder ) its a free program.

maybe this will help you a little :D

Thanks for the info, just wish that it would copy from Blu to Blu :cry:

Pete
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hi Pete,

We will come out with a product that will converti AVI and MKV type files to Blu-ray, and the product will be called ConvertXtoHD. However it will probably not be available in the next year.
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

Thanks Claire but all i wanted to do was to copy Blu Ray to Blu Ray and maybe shrink it also, but i dont think any of your products will do this??

Thanks

Pete
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

You are correct, none of our products do this yet.

Blu-ray 50 to Blu-ray 25 will nonetheless be a feature added in the future.
peter7769

Post by peter7769 »

Thanks again Claire, can't wait :-)
discovermovies

Post by discovermovies »

peter7769 wrote:Thanks Claire but all i wanted to do was to copy Blu Ray to Blu Ray and maybe shrink it also...
I just wanted to chime in to let you know that there are more of us out there that are looking for a product like this.
Claire wrote:Hi Pete,

We will come out with a product that will converti AVI and MKV type files to Blu-ray, and the product will be called ConvertXtoHD. However it will probably not be available in the next year.
I am ready to purchase something like this. I hope this will available sooner than you say, because the time for it is now.

Thanks Claire. :)
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

the time for it is now.
Yes I agree.