New ConvertXtoDVD 5

Soporte tecnico para los software VSO : ConvertXtoDVD, CopyToDVD, PhotoDVD, Blindwrite y Image Resizer

Moderators: amatm, Annelise, Forum admin

New ConvertXtoDVD 5

Postby Annelise » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

We’re very happy to say that we’re planning to release the new ConvertXtoDVD 5 very soon. :D
A beta version of it can be downloaded here

We know this is a much-awaited version and we want to unveil the mystery a little before the release of the real thing.
ConvertXtoDVD 5 is not yet another update. It’s almost an entirely new software: we have kept the ease of use, but have added loads of new options to make your video conversion the ultimate experience.
See for yourself :

- live preview (watch in realtime playback of current conversion + any modification, subtitles, audio selection added)
- video editor (ability to remove commercials / portions of video)
- interface revamped, new video editing window, (treeview settings can be edited in new dynamic window with visual feedback)
- menus features added: adjust audio length for menu, audio sync issues corrected, widescreen & fullscreen menus
- flip/rotate video
- post processing (add/remove brightness/contrast)
- better chapter support (from mkv + original chapters form DVDs + support chapter text lists)
- cuda support
- better support for DVD and blu-ray movies/series and input (discriminator added), multi-angle films supported
- better overall processing of videos (correcting audio/video sync issues)
- better support for ts files
- improved multi-core support
-**added 16 Dec**: ability to hardcode subtitles
- **added sept 6th**: better audio quality

If you wish to get the software before everybody else, take part in our pre-sale event: buy the standard license 4 now, and you'll get instructions on how to retrieve the key for V5.
If you're a returning customer, you are entitled to a discount.

In all cases, you’ll receive the download link as soon as we release the first beta version.
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Re: New ConvertXtoDVD 5

Postby squeakysquirrel » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:47 am

Great news! I look forward to the release. One query... does it have 16:9 menu templates?
squeakysquirrel

Postby joleca7 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Can't wait!!! Assuming Gold Members will be notified to get their new key???
~~~~ Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten. ~~~~
joleca7

Postby Annelise » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes of course Goldmembers will also get the link and new key before everybody else :D
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby the magician » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi, When the convert dvd 5 is avialable and wee get that version, are wee still able to use the convert 4 or is 5 replacing it completely? thanks
the magician

Postby Annelise » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 am

Hi

You will be able to use both software independently. If you install version 5 while V4 is already on your computer, they will be installed side by side, Version 4 will still be available.
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby the magician » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Annelise..

Also'
would convertX5 be classed as a free upgrade if you have a years worth of them from purchasing convertX4 ??
the magician

Postby Annelise » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:16 am

Hi

If you bought V4 less than a year before the V5 release, yes you will get V5 for free. SO if you bought V4 after December 24 (if we release V5 on that date) then you're in for the free upgrade
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby the magician » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks, Thats great news, i cant remember what kind of member i have, i just recall something about the years of upgrades. But even if it does come out after my year i will still purchase the X5 version as it sounds like it has a good few quality features.

I was also wondering if the new convertX 5 will have any sort of option/controll that can take out subtitles that come with a movie that dont normaly have the option that can remove them of the screen? I have been using cropping to do it so far as i dont know any other way..

thanks. :)
the magician

Postby urie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 pm

@ the magician, those subs are hard coded into the video and cannot be removed.
urie

Postby crowfax » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Have you been feeding and whipping the developers enough Annelise? I keep checking here every morning for delicious version 5 goodness but to no avail!
Ripping Drives: Plextor PX-B310U, HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP08LU11, BD E DS4E1S, PLDS DS-8A5SH
Playback Devices: WD TV LS (3rd Generation), Samsung Galaxy S2, Philips BDP3306, Cowon J3, Onda VX590Touch
crowfax

Postby the magician » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:04 pm

[quote="urie"]@ the magician, those subs are hard coded into the video and cannot be removed.[/quote]

Thanks Urie,. at least i know why i cant remove them now. lol :)
the magician

Postby urie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 pm

On the conversation about subtitles it would be nice to have the option to hard code subtitles also, especially when adding english subtitles to a foreign movie for example you know you don't need switch them off.
urie

Postby crowfax » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:45 pm

urie wrote:On the conversation about subtitles it would be nice to have the option to hard code subtitles also, especially when adding english subtitles to a foreign movie for example you know you don't need switch them off.

I've requested this before but. I think it's a great idea.
Ripping Drives: Plextor PX-B310U, HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP08LU11, BD E DS4E1S, PLDS DS-8A5SH
Playback Devices: WD TV LS (3rd Generation), Samsung Galaxy S2, Philips BDP3306, Cowon J3, Onda VX590Touch
crowfax

Postby Netranger » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Really looking forward to when CX5 shows up. :)
Netranger

Postby smokeymtn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Been using Convert 4 for a long time. Happy with the DVD stuff but is ver 5 going to support Blu-ray?
Example; Let's say I want to convert 10 files in avi or mkv or whatever to DVD format to Blu-ray disc.
Is it going to do that?
Thanks
smokeymtn

Postby Annelise » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi
We are also working on a program to convert to Blu-ray but this will be an entirely new software. We hope to have it ready later next year
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby copycat29 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Hopfully ConvertXtoDVD 5 will be better than version 4, get more out of multi core processors and will be able to make use out of GPU for encoding
and will be able to use possible GPU and CPU parallel encoding, at the same time for even faster encoding times.
copycat29

Postby bigreader » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Question, I just bought the convertx4 with lifetime upgrades, does that mean when 5 comes out I will receive a license key for that version? I first bought this program when it was divx to dvd and my update ran out before it went to version 2 and really started working great, I just want to make sure that doesn't happen again.
bigreader

Postby BenieUK » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Annelise wrote:Hi

If you bought V4 less than a year before the V5 release, yes you will get V5 for free. SO if you bought V4 after December 24 (if we release V5 on that date) then you're in for the free upgrade

I'd say yes :)
BenieUK

Next

Return to Soporte tecnico