New ConvertXtoDVD 5

Soporte tecnico para los software VSO : ConvertXtoDVD, CopyToDVD, PhotoDVD, Blindwrite y Image Resizer

Moderators: amatm, Annelise, Forum admin

Re: New ConvertXtoDVD 5

Postby copycat29 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:43 am

The thing we want to know is from the progress you've done so far, will we see a beta version some time before this year end or will it most likely be in 2013?
copycat29

Postby Annelise » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:08 am

We hope to have a beta ready before the summer
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby DakotaSurfer » Fri May 04, 2012 1:38 pm

I assume Gold members will be able to beta test once it's ready? It looks amazing so far, can't wait to put it to a good test. Been beta testing software for years, this one will be fun to test.
DakotaSurfer

Postby Annelise » Fri May 04, 2012 1:44 pm

yes, goldmembers and beta testers will get the beta before everyone else to test :-)
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby robjie » Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 pm

anyone knows when the summer will be starting??
robjie

Postby Budda_357 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by Annelise » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:08 pm
We hope to have a beta ready before the summer

Hi, Annelise
I assume (and hope) you are referring to the 2012 northern hemispheres summer season of Summer Solstice: June 20, 7:09 P.M. EDT (23:09 UT*), Sun enters sign of Cancer; summer begins. :)
Which is only some 5 weeks away :D

Only 4 software developers :shock: at VSO what happened to the other coders and software developers that VSO once had :?:

For a software company developers & coders are your life blood and makes good practice to entice or have some sort of mentoring training program to fill their shoes to cover their eventual loss to the company (to other companies that entice such talented people away) and one of those who is the crux of the whole development process hope he is fit and well touch wood (won't jinx him and say break a leg :lol: ) and not wanting to go on any long service leave or extended holidays any time soon.
Sounds like will need 3 months R&R when the stable RC is finally here.
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Budda_357

Postby Annelise » Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 am

guys, guys, guys...
again I understand your frustration, but honestly, we're doing our best. I gave you the summer as a deadline, but I should have kept my mouth shut if it's going to bring sarcasm and add any more tension...
we have a team of 4 developers, which the highest VSO ever had. we make the best use of our ressources, and rest assured that everybody here is motivated to get the product out asap and make you happy customers.
I am not going to write posts of apologies every week though. please understand that. thanks !
Annelise
VSO Team Member

Postby joleca7 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Annalise,

you shouldn't have to apologize for anything.. We all know how hard everyone is working... If this was an easy job, we could do it ourselves instead of coming here.. So, just know we do appreciate everything and know that when 5 is finally out, it will be the best product ever, and WELL WORTH WAITING FOR!!!

Annelise wrote:guys, guys, guys...
again I understand your frustration, but honestly, we're doing our best. I gave you the summer as a deadline, but I should have kept my mouth shut if it's going to bring sarcasm and add any more tension...
we have a team of 4 developers, which the highest VSO ever had. we make the best use of our resources, and rest assured that everybody here is motivated to get the product out asap and make you happy customers.
I am not going to write posts of apologies every week though. please understand that. thanks !
~~~~ Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten. ~~~~
joleca7

Postby alevkov » Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

[quote="Annelise"]guys, guys, guys...
we have a team of 4 developers, which the highest VSO ever had. we make the best use of our ressources, and rest assured that everybody here is motivated to get the product out asap and make you happy customers.
I am not going to write posts of apologies every week though. please understand that. thanks ![/quote]

No offence really, but i think that s bad marketing.
A Release Date has so much pro s on this that you missing alot. If the Company ain t sure what time the Software will be ready than there is a solution naming it "Alpha" nd bringing a free update if the time didn t capped right or there were bugs found.
alevkov

Postby robjie » Fri May 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Girls, girls, girls..... We are patient. I love the way you express yourself. Anyway be cool and take your time. No rush. Regards...
robjie

Postby Budda_357 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:55 am

Touchy, very sorry about the sarcasms :oops: but it was borne from frustration of being kept in the dark. :(

I fully understand that there is always a bump or two along the road to any new release that causes short delays to release dates. In addition, was not asking or expecting you to write an apology every week all it would have taken is a short message from VSO to appease the masses when so many months had passed from the December 2011 announcement.
Something like :idea:
Hi, Guys from the Convert X Development Team
VSO have been working very hard on this new version but we have experienced some unforeseen problems with the version 5’s new burning engine which unfortunately has pushed back the beta versions expectant release date.
VSO software development team will endeavor to keep you updated & informed of any such major delays etc. etc.

I am sorry to learn that version five of Convert X has been a bit difficult but would assume there was a road map for ConvertX5 which would have signaled that the VSO teams expectant release date was not going to be realized for a lot longer than anticipated it was then when I feel a short message relayed through Claire or Annelise would have been proper, appropriate & informative to the followers of this thread.

VSO has been a great company evident of the many loyal fans maybe in the future when posting new release’s maybe an abbreviated form of a road map could also be included would be of great useful information.

VSO has some of the best software for video conversion in the market place and will be looking forward to testing the soon release :D of the beta version of the New ConvertXtoDVD 5
Have a great day cheers. :mrgreen:
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Budda_357

Postby chainsaw » Sun May 13, 2012 8:40 am

I think now it’s time to sit back and be patient, (Annalise) has brought us up to speed on the progress they are making.
It’s clear they are experiencing some difficulties so complaining will not help matters..

A lesson was learned and that was (good communication makes for a happy ship).

They have promised a release by summer so better let them get on with it… :P :P
chainsaw

Postby tater1974 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Guys, you need to be patient. I'd rather have a polished application rather than one that is rushed out the door. They need one of those caution signs that reads "Let Them Work" posted here.
tater1974

Postby steptoe » Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm

mmmm, saying you have 4 developers would explain to most of us why the release date slipped from December

4 developers is very small, and considering the range of software you support is not surprising that its been this long between updates and why convertxtodvd 4.xx is taking a 'rest' from updates. Only so much can be done by 4 people, supporting the current range of software, working on new yet to be released software and trying to look forward and keep ideas for future software

Its a miracle you've come this far and managed to still release new revisons of current software such as bluray converter ultimate. People need to rest otherwise software when released will be slated and lose customers due to being rushed out just to keep people happy and customers buying products. Then be forced to divert all attention to fix major issues and release updates to fix what would have been fixed if given the time, considering such a small team you manage quite a lot
steptoe

Postby Mike89 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

4 developers or not, seems like a year (coming up on a year since last version 4 update) should be plenty of time for the next version to have come out. What's it going to take, another year? Just sayin.
I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89

Postby Tattoo » Thu May 17, 2012 12:14 am

Mike89 wrote:What's it going to take, another year? Just sayin.

Whether it takes another year or not I'm sure that when it is released, it will be a very good program to use just like the previous versions were to use.

Personally, I can wait as long as it takes. I hope the VSO team takes their time with it to get it working proper before releasing it. Version 4 works just fine for me and now that it has 16:9 support, I'm very happy with it since I bought a wide screen plasma tv. Thank you VSO. Please take as long as needed to get Version 5 working proper so there isn't much need to fix bugs, which is very rare to release something and not have some bugs to fix. I'm sure that when it does get released, it will be a very fine program to use. :D The preview images that were posted of it looks interesting.
Tattoo

Postby Mike89 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:42 am

Man I've heard of brown nosing but dude you need to go wash your face cause you put your whole head up in it. And as far as fixing bugs, version 4 was updated just about every month for the whole lifetime of the product so there is no such thing as bug free. You don't think a year is too long, you don't think two years is too long. Well I think a year is way too long. If it was going to take this long they just should have not even announced it. Then people wouldn't be sitting a year or two waiting for it.
I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDD, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89

Postby alevkov » Fri May 18, 2012 1:10 pm

[i]4 developers or not, seems like a year (coming up on a year since last version 4 update) should be plenty of time for the next version to have come out.[/i]

I bet 3 of 4 of those developers don t know how to reinstall windows.
alevkov

Postby vycar » Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 pm

will 5 be able to handle 10bit files?
vycar

PreviousNext

Return to Soporte tecnico