MultiSession Disc

Burning software suite: burn CD / DVD / Blu-Ray, data, movies, photos, audio, ISO files

Moderators: Cougar_II, cedric, Forum admin

MultiSession Disc

Postby johnjp » Fri May 18, 2012 4:09 am

I have the latest version of Copy to DVD and have just been unsuccessful in trying to use multi-session disc, it seems to not work at all, has any one else had a similar problem, I sent an inquiry to VSO support this is the reply I received:
Hi
We will be releasing a new version that should solve your problem in the next few days
Thanks for your patience
Best Regards
Annelise Vo Thanh

VSO Software
email: annelise@vsosoftware.fr
Tel : +33 (0)5 62 16 02 23
http://www.vso-software.fr
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
(This was on May 9th)

I further read on a similar post that you can not use DVD RW which I was using and they will not work in multisession, I thought there is only a minimal amount you can write to DVD R media? but with DVD RW can be written to much more.
Last edited by johnjp on Sun May 20, 2012 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnjp

Re: MultiSession Disc

Postby johnjp » Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm

I have since found a program that does do multi-session even with RW disc's. It's called CD BurnerXP and it works absolutely wonderfully, is very easy to use and does everything that CopyToDVD does, not only that, but it is for free. Here I paid for CopyToDVD and can not use RW type disc for multi-session and have since found a better software for free. It's amazing.
johnjp

Postby JJ » Sun May 20, 2012 11:46 am

I suppose VSO has left multisession on RW out deliberately; multisession disc can't be read before it is finalized, and then you can't add more sessions, also every session takes a lot of disc space.
With RW it is much faster and easier to do full re-write, disc is always usable and no space is wasted.
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
JJ

Postby johnjp » Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 pm

You would think on their website, Help Section, Complete Guide Online, or some where that this is the case:
RW type dics are not useable with MultiSession
johnjp

Postby cedric » Fri May 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi johnjp,

Multisession was not locked for all DVD disks, but only for DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Like some (old) burners are not able to burn multisession on this type of disk, CopyTo Manager refused them.

I think this point was too restrictive, and I added a new option to allow multisession on DVD-R/DVD-RW in last beta version 5.1.0.3:

copyto-version-5-alpha-t14546.html

You will find this option in Burning devices section.

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Note: Like said JJ, adding a new session on multisession disk loose a lot of space, and doing a full rewrite is better...

Thank you!
cedric
VSO Team Member

Postby Dizzie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Thanks JohnJP for the heads up on CD BurnerXP!
Dizzie

Return to CopyTo - CopyToDVD