Live recording with Youtube and other sites

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Annelise
VSO Team Member

Live recording with Youtube and other sites

Post by Annelise »

You may have noticed that recently some downloads, particularly with Youtube videos, record with the "live recording" method. The progression baris a different color green as it downloads. This is a fairly "new" downloading method in our software.
Here is why it happens and how to "deal with it".
:)
Youtube is changing videos protocol and the only way for our program to detect the videos is to download them using the live recording method.
This means that you have to let the video run until the end, you can’t just close the video as soon as it was detected like before. Also, the live recording being live, the download will start automatically. You’ll have to manually delete it if you didn’t want this particular video (it can happen with some advertisements on youtube too).

For now this is the only way we can download some of the newly Youtube content.
Budda_357

Re: Live recording with Youtube and other sites

Post by Budda_357 »

Hi, Annelise
Something strange happened the other day on V3.0.1.50 is that one of the sites I use “Viooz.co” (is a great source of movies and the library is very extensive) all of a sudden VSO downloader was detecting all of the videos (Viooz only stream in flv) as secured media streaming and would download as live recording had to reset downloaders secure media settings to default to stop the video being downloaded as live recordings.
I had not changed any of the VSO downloader settings so what does resetting to default actually do as could not see any changes in the panel that was displaying the sites in the list only the order of the 3 .com sites & <shoutcast> :?: being now bottom of the list
Budda [sic]
VSO Gold Member
From Down Under
My All-rounder Rig
CPU
: I7-2600K @ 4.6 GHZ
Cooler: Antec H2O 920 Liquid Cooler
GPU: Asus GTX660Ti 2Gig OC Edition
RAM: Corsair 16 Gig DDR3 1866
C Drive: 240 Gig Corsair GT SSD Sata 3
HDD: 11TB
PSU: ThermalTake 875 Watt 80 Plus
Network & BU Thecus N5550
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Live recording with Youtube and other sites

Post by Claire »

In the settings, pressing "Reset all to default" re initiates all the settings (and items added or edited in lists) to the original defaults - as if you installed the application for the 1st time.