Latest beta version 3.1.0.30

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

Goetschi

Re: Latest beta version 3.1.0.26

Post by Goetschi »

cedric wrote:Hello Goetschi,

It seems you created a custom profile with "Merged in video" setting as subtitle codec?
But what do you selected for Video codec? Do you selected remux?
I need to disable "Merged in video" option for subtitles if video codec is set to remux (because merged subtitles option can't be used if video is not decoded/reencoded)

Regards,
Hello Cedric,
enclosed you will find my custom profile I use. It worked on older version. Hope you can help me.
Regards Goetschi
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Thank you Goetschi for your feedback...
I will try to reproduce/fix your issue soon.

Regards,
krypdo

Post by krypdo »

I couldn't get subtitles to work in 3.1.0.26. It flashes on screen for half a second instead of staying on screen for the dialog. Was using the ipad profile.

Speed and quality were good though.

Happy holidays and keep up the good work.
ArmadilloMan

Post by ArmadilloMan »

I am actually having an issue with subtitles as well. Basically, subtitles are only showing up for a split second on blu-rays. DVDs seem to work fine in this version. What happens is, a character in the video will say a full sentence, then at the very end the subtitle will show up for a split second and then disappear. If I watch the video prior to encoding in the video editor, the subtitles play normally. I cannot reproduce this error in 3.0.0.20. The problem occurs whether using DVD subtitles or merged in subtitles. I have tried a few custom profiles (one mp4 and one mkv with the same settings) using h264 encoding (same resolution, same framerate) and ac3 audio (5.1 channels, 128 kb/channel, 48000 sample). Turning off the "Use best video quality settings", two pass encoding, and hardware acceleration doesn't seem to make a difference. I'll do some additional testing over the weekend to try to resolve it.
krypdo

Post by krypdo »

I am actually having an issue with subtitles as well. Basically, subtitles are only showing up for a split second on blu-rays. DVDs seem to work fine in this version. What happens is, a character in the video will say a full sentence, then at the very end the subtitle will show up for a split second and then disappear. If I watch the video prior to encoding in the video editor, the subtitles play normally. I cannot reproduce this error in 3.0.0.20. The problem occurs whether using DVD subtitles or merged in subtitles. I have tried a few custom profiles (one mp4 and one mkv with the same settings) using h264 encoding (same resolution, same framerate) and ac3 audio (5.1 channels, 128 kb/channel, 48000 sample). Turning off the "Use best video quality settings", two pass encoding, and hardware acceleration doesn't seem to make a difference. I'll do some additional testing over the weekend to try to resolve it.
This is exactly what happened to my encodings. thank you for describing it in details.

Hope the team can resolve it with the next update.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

krypdo wrote:
This is exactly what happened to my encodings. thank you for describing it in details.

Hope the team can resolve it with the next update.
problem confirmed thanks for reporting
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=7446
Goetschi

Post by Goetschi »

No new Version :cry:
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

sorry, probably not until the end of next week, could even be longer.
Until the fix seems like you can still use the latest stable version.
alan1476

Re: Latest beta version 3.1.0.27

Post by alan1476 »

For some odd reason the setup files are corrupted. on the Bluray and DVD Converters
Goetschi

Post by Goetschi »

Same Problem. Use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
Last edited by Goetschi on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I just tried and they worked for me, can you clear your cache and try again?
alan1476

Post by alan1476 »

Hi Claire, I waited a few minutes after I downloaded the programs, and then tried again, it was fine the second time around, but the first time the files were corrupted, it was the container, I do not know why this would happen only that it did, it made no difference because the corrupted files would not install anyway.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Latest beta version 3.1.0.30

Post by Claire »

3.1.0.30 posted
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

maxx

Post by maxx »

New version works very well. I like the new settings interface. You provided very detailed info. Thank you
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

thanks for your feedback and we're glad you like it!
Goetschi

Post by Goetschi »

I'm soooooo sad. I tried all Versions (3.1.0.20 - 3.1.0.30) and it will still not shown the subtitle in mkv Videos.
I use own and fixed profiles and it don't work.
Please resolve the problem with the "merged subtitle in Video".
Regards
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Have you tried with the latest beta version?

Was a bug opened for your problem? If so what is the reference/ bug number?
Goetschi

Post by Goetschi »

[quote="Claire"]Have you tried with the latest beta version?

Was a bug opened for your problem? If so what is the reference/ bug number?[/quote]

No, there was no bug opened for this problem.
I tried the last official and all beta version incl. the latest version.