Latest beta version 1.4.0.4

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Latest beta version 1.2.0.21

Post by Coral »

Great !!
lograe

Re: Latest beta version 1.2.0.22

Post by lograe »

First of all, I would like to thank Cedric and his staff for fixing the bug in the custom profile editor (see Bug# 0007994). I could now select audio sample rate when using AC3 codec.

And for the first time, I see progress regarding the subtitles merge in video problem I've been having. Finally, the subtitles merged in my mp4 video; but the audio and video is out of sync. I tried the video converter and the blu-ray converter and got same results - i.e., the video is delayed.

There's one more thing I would like to add. It's more like a feature request. I hope there's an option to choose not to upper/lower case all letters of the (final) filename. I like to keep the filename of my original file with the first letter of the word in upper case just like the older version of your software. I wish I don't have to rename the file everytime I convert a video.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Re: Latest beta version 1.2.0.21

Post by Coral »

Claire wrote:thanks for confirming, it should be able to be fixed.
I give up !!
The problem is still there. Plus the fact that the subtitles have a green and transpatent text.
I shall try an other player beside VLC and see what happens.

I have now tested the converted file in VSO player. The subtitle list shows 2 tracks (as it should) but starts from 2. Number 1 is ommitted. The text is horrible.
Attachments
subs.jpg
subs1.jpg
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

@Coral

The bug was not resolved: http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=8035
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

lograe wrote:And for the first time, I see progress regarding the subtitles merge in video problem I've been having. Finally, the subtitles merged in my mp4 video; but the audio and video is out of sync. I tried the video converter and the blu-ray converter and got same results - i.e., the video is delayed.
I've sent you a PM, if you can send us the file we should hopefully be able to fix the audio video sync issue - does VLC play the original file in sync?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: Latest beta version 1.3.0.0

Post by Claire »

FYI new version posted
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

- 0007966: [Bug] subtitles transparent (cedric) - not resolved. MY edit.
- 0008041: [Bug] subtitle display problem they disappear too quickly (cedric) - resolved.
- 0008045: [Bug] Blu-ray subtitles never disappear on Blu-ray home player (cedric) - resolved.

I think you're not quite there yet !!
The VLC player still shows 3 sublitles but the first is empty. The text is reasonably good
The VSO player shows transparent text and starts from 3 instead of 1 (see picture) There were 2 tracks.
Even Guliana is confused !! lol.
Attachments
subs.jpg
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Coral if you are refering to bug 8035 it is still not fixed (please create an account on the bug site if you haven't already) so you can see the details of the bugs

I do confirm bug 7966 is fixed

maybe you have another similar problem but it must not be the same.

If you want us to investigate please provide the details to reproduce.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Hello Claire

As you can see from the picture, the subtitles are transparent when played in the VSO player.
So now I take it that this is another bug not "0007966: [Bug] subtitles transparent."

As for the subtitle numbering. I understand that the bug has not yet been sorted out. I just wanted to confirm that it is still there.

In order to reproduce please use the information in bug 0008035 using "vsshort-vorbis-subs.mkv" converted with the attached file "PAL 169 With DVD Subs.xml [^] (1,235 bytes) 2014-05-26 11:56" Then play the converted file in the VSO player under WinXP.
lograe

Post by lograe »

Claire wrote:I've sent you a PM, if you can send us the file we should hopefully be able to fix the audio video sync issue - does VLC play the original file in sync?
Hi Claire.
I tried using the video converter today with the latest patch (1.3.0.0) and it seems my audio video sync problem got also resolved. Thanks! :D

I hope the software developers would also consider my other request about the output filename with option to keep the original filename particularly not to change the upper/lowercase letters.
firewalkernl

Post by firewalkernl »

hello,

What is all resolved,
I would like to know, I see that only errors are with your questions forum.

greetjes, carlo
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello,

@lograe: I can't reproduce your lower/upper case problem. Can you explain all your steps (what's the input, your output folder options, your output profile)

@firewalkernl: Reported bugs in forum and reported bugs by users in support are all entered in Mantis bug report : http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view_all_bug_page.php
(you need to create an account to see what are the reported, fixed or planned issues)

Regards,
firewalkernl

Re: Latest beta version 1.3.0.1

Post by firewalkernl »

Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect.
what is it problem ?
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

The bugs site login account info is not the same as the forum - you must create a new account.
lograe

Post by lograe »

@Cedric
cedric wrote:@lograe: I can't reproduce your lower/upper case problem. Can you explain all your steps (what's the input, your output folder options, your output profile)
For example, I would like to convert my ISO files to MP4 (output profile) using the VSO video converter. So I would choose Add file(s) and select the ISO file. After the ISO file is loaded in the screen, it's already spelled in lowercase+"Main feature".

In other words, if my original or input filename was "My_Video.iso" (or even "MY_VIDEO.iso"), the converted file comes out "my_video-Main feature.mp4".

I'm using the following output folder setting:
Output folder - C:\VSO\; Output folder generation method - Add project name in path; Unchecked Open output folder when...; Default project name generation method -- Use first added file name.

I have to rename the file so it would be "My_Video.mp4". Your previous software, like DVD Converter version 2, doesn't change the uppercase letters of the filename to lowercase. I don't know why your version 3 is renaming the output file in lowercase. I'm requesting this feature so I don't have to do few extra steps whenever I convert a video, or make your software more flexible in customizing the output filename.
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Claire wrote:@Coral

The bug was not resolved: http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=8035
Will this bug ever be fixed ?
cedric
VSO Team Member

Re: Latest beta version 1.3.0.2

Post by cedric »

Hello Coral,

I'm waiting for your feedback to close this bug...
I can't reproduce with last version, but maybe the problem is specific to your computer.
What's happen if you load the converted file (displaying extra blank subtitle in VLC) in Video Converter?
I checked my output file and there's really only 2 subtitle streams, so it's maybe an error in VLC?
Have you tried to play this file using another player?

Regards,
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

Q. What's happen if you load the converted file (displaying extra blank subtitle in VLC) in Video Converter?
A. If the converted file is loaded back into the converter it shows 2 streams. When I check in Advanced editing they are numbered 3 and 4.

Q. Have you tried to play this file using another player?
A. Have tested on VSO player. See the result in picture. The subtitles are 3 and 4. They should be 1 and 2. Also the subtitles are transparent.

I have re installed the VLC player but it still shows 3 subtitle streams. In WMP 11, no subtitles are available.

Please test in WinXP.
Attachments
subtitles.jpg
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello Coral,

"If the converted file is loaded back into the converter it shows 2 streams. When I check in Advanced editing they are numbered 3 and 4"
Stream indexes are global, that mean stream 1 is the video stream, stream 2 is the audio stream and streams 3-4 are subtitle streams, so no problem here I think

"Have tested on VSO player. See the result in picture. The subtitles are 3 and 4. They should be 1 and 2"
Same as explained before

"Also the subtitles are transparent"
The problem is not in Video Converter but in VMP. Like in VLC, a default subtitle palette need to be loaded if not found in source file.
You can confirm that this bug is fixed by reloading the converted file in last VC and check the subtitle in preview.

In conclusion, Video Converter detects the good number of subtitles in your source file, create the good number of subtitles on output (2 subtitles streams detected in Video converter, VMP, MediaInfo) BUT VLC show an extra subtitle track?

Regards,
Coral
VSO Moderators

Post by Coral »

The first picture is from the original MKV file before conversion.
The second picture is from the converted file.
Attachments
original mkv.jpg
mediainfo.jpg