iplayer Blues..Help!

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

luis1965

iplayer Blues..Help!

Post by luis1965 »

I have been using VSO Downloader for 3 years now just to use with the iplayer.

Today when I tried downloading the usual1 hour show, the program is making very small MP4 files of many different sizes ranging from 180 kbs to 800 kbs (taking forever), as opposed to before where the program would download and stick to just 1 folder after finalizing. Now I get hundreds of mini mp4 files that fill my desktop and not finalizing. :(

Has there been a change with iplayer, or is there something I can change on the program itself to help me out with this?

P.D. I just realized 2 things, First, in the past VSO Downloader would capture the video content even when I closed iplayer, now it stops, and if I pause iplayer, VSO downloader stops capturing as well, it looks as if it is capturing only live. Second, I used to get a final folder in the FLV format, now the hundred of mini files are MP4, what is that?
Last edited by luis1965 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
luis1965

Re: iplayer Blues..Help!

Post by luis1965 »

Has anobody else who captures from iplayer had any problems?
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

IPlayer often changes its server configuration, can you provide the URL you want to download.
luis1965

Post by luis1965 »

These are the two I am trying to download this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 11-results

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 14-week-11

I tried downloading yesterday using the URL and after several failed attempts, it reached 100% download, only to fail when finalizing. :(
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

Can you send a report using our support tool:
http://download.vso-software.fr/vsorep.exe
luis1965

Post by luis1965 »

It is asking me to add a file, the files that I am getting are hundreds of seperate and very small MP4 files. is this what you need and how many? They are all about 3gbs put together.
luis1965

Post by luis1965 »

I was not able to send the files, there was an error the 2 times I tried. VSO 4 is the only one recognizing the iplayer stream automatically, but it does not finalize. VSO 5 does not recognize the iplayer stream, only copying the URL and pasting it I am able to download 100% of the content, but once it goes to finalize there is an error and it automatically deletes the folder.

Another thing happening is that the VSO 5 always downloads the pasted URL TWICE before it tries to finalize.
Benjamin
VSO Team Member

Post by Benjamin »

ok you don't need to attach a file to the report please retry witout any attachment.
luis1965

Post by luis1965 »

Benjamin wrote:ok you don't need to attach a file to the report please retry witout any attachment.
Done.