increase convert speed for my computer's hardware ?

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

skoenig1

Re: increase convert speed for my computer's hardware ?

Post by skoenig1 »

Yeah that is pretty much it. There is a step zero which will help a little.

0. If don't want to upgrade your PC then adding RAM will help everything on your machine. A minimum of 4GB preferably 8GB. Ram is very very cheap these days, You'll want a pair of 2GB or 4GB sticks. It will probably mean you have to give away your existing RAM but it will be worth it.

1. A low end nVidia card will do fine. Tip: Make sure the card's slot type is supported on your system. I don't know what year your machine is from but from memory there used to be AGP connectors, then PCI 2, PCI 3 and PCI X etc.... so just check you manual before you buy a card. Preferably get a card with at least 1GB of RAM on board.

But if you by new ram (to help everything not just encoding) and you buy an nVidia card then you might be not far from buying a new machine altogether (just the PC not a monitor/kb and mouse) ... just a thought.

2. Correct. Do not forget that doubling the resolution actually creates 4 times the work and memory requirements because you're increasing both the width and the height of an image or movie.

3. You can fiddle with the settings and it will help especially if you reduce the amount of things you ask your machine to do at the same time. With your current RAM and software processing there is no gain in doing too much simultaneously.

Don't be sorry at all. If you don't ask you never learn and you've taken the time to deal with a foreign language and patiently read the responses and tried to figure things out. You should be applauded. I have all the time in the world to help people (as I have been helped) who ask questions and try to understand things.

Regards

Steph
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

Hi Steph,

I understand what you said (although I must use an online English-Vietnamese dictionary to translate some English words (which I have never seen before) in your replies).Thanks very much for your enthusiasm and your encouragement.I am also very happy because since I have known this forum,I have a chance to learn English better.I have a chance to exchange with and learn from every people in the world.And I have choice to suggest features for VSO team's great softwares-the softwares that I love and trust very much.

Here is the hardware's information of my computer.I use software " System Information Viewer (portable version) " to read.Evidently when I see these informations,just about I don't understand anything !
Attachments
my hardware's informations.jpg
JJ
VSO Moderators

Post by JJ »

minhcute;
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDe ... -us0000568
Your motherboard has 2 slots for RAM and it seems to have only one 2Gb DIMM installed.
You need one 2Gb DDR3 1066MHz - those cost about $10 or less.
Buying and installing another 2Gb DIMM will increase your system to current maximum as you have 32bit Win7 and it can not handle more than 4Gb RAM.

One thing I would recommend - change your workgroup name to something else, default is WORKGROUP and all hackers are looking for open shares with that workgroup name...
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.click2give4free.com/val.php?v=739
This link is just for spammers, don't click!
skoenig1

Post by skoenig1 »

Very good point JJ...

4GB is your max because you're operating system is 32 bit. As you have one slot filled it's even easier to simply a single stock of 2GB ram (try to make sure it's the same speed as your current ram).

Why? Because in binary the maximum number possible with 32 ones and zeros is 4,294,967,296 which is 4GB... there are 32bit solutions to this but they're only available in server operating systems and ultimately 64bit versions of operating systems are now common place.

Regards

Steph
minhcute

Post by minhcute »

JJ,Steph,

I understand.Thanks very much for helping.In the future,if I have other problems that I don't understand,I will consult you.

Regards