Conversion format

Help with Bluray Converter and Convert DVD to mp4 and other formats. strip Bluray, convert to Blu-ray or avchd, convert blu ray to mkv, avi, copy DVDs and much more.

Moderators: Maggie, alexia, Forum admin

monkeyjz

Conversion format

Post by monkeyjz »

Sorry, this is probably totally newbie question. I'm working on taking all my DVD's and making them digital to place on my WD media player. I want to have good quality burning so size of file isn't an issue. However how do I select the converstion format?? I'd like to do AVI or MKV, but how do I select them?? The last time I tried changing it told me the file wasn't good enough.
coen99

Re: Conversion format

Post by coen99 »

Hello,

If you just want to have your DVD's on your WD player you could easily do a DVD to DVD "copy" (with or without menu's etc). Choose profile DVD (16:9 or 4:3). Maybe leave out certain subtitles, audiotracks and/or chapter/titles.
If you don't like the DVD structure you could easily remux your DVD's to MKV (fast and no quality loss, also possible to have several audio tracks and subtitles). Advantage: just one file i.s.o. a folder with vob's and ifo etc..
If you like to gain space you could compress your DVD's. Nice format is the mp4 format. Try the Xbox360 presets, those are relatively safe and probably play on your WD player.
You can choose between the h264 or the Mpeg4. The h264 gives you the best result however you should check if your WD will be able to play h264. Otherwise try Mpeg4.
If these don't work, try custom profile, choose container avi, and then as codec XVID and Audiocodec MP3.

Good luck!
Let us know ;-)

BTW: INPUT/SOURCE can only be DVD or ISO!!