conversion anomaly...

Convert any type of file to DVD and burn to play on any type of DVD player. Create customized menus. Special menu template creator included

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

king of krashnburn

conversion anomaly...

Post by king of krashnburn »

i have a conversion glitch that just started happening with with convertxtodvd 6 just before it became 7 and it occurs infrequently with mkv video files that have a dts audio track which is my audio of choice. the target is a 4.7gb dvd and when it goes to burn the conversion the size of the burn is over 9gb when it should be less than 4.7gb. since it doesn't occur all that often i'm beginning to wonder if it's the source file with the dts because when i configure the burn for AC3 there is no issue with the burn and the dts is causing the fault.
any feedback would be appreciated... dazed and :?
felicia
VSO Team Member

Re: conversion anomaly...

Post by felicia »

What version of the program are you using.
The issue you're describing seems to be related to an old problem.

Please try our latest beta: http://forums.vso-software.fr/cxd-v7-beta-t19580.html
king of krashnburn

felicia...thank you for the link...done and tried...but sadly the conversion over runs to a 9.08gb file as it does with previous versions...appears that virtually any mkv video file with a dts audio regardless if another ac3 stream is with it gives an overrun that won't target the 4.7gb blank. when i check on the box that converts the dts to ac3 it targets correctly, so it has me focused on the dts audio stream not cooperating with the vso software. the only thing i have not tried is putting the file through an earlier version of 6, which i'll probably do in a few days. :roll:
king of krashnburn

i decided not to wait and went back to a couple of saved 6's...6.0.0.80 &81 in particular and it became more apparent that convertxtodvd gets various forms of indigestion with any dts component regardless if it's solo or with 2 channel or 5.1. it either overruns its target of a 4.7 blank or forces the dts to burn as a 5.1. these issues never occurred until vso was over 6.0.0.70 and i'm surprised the source code people have missed this during 'proofing' new upgrades.

tell me i'm wrong...
felicia
VSO Team Member

Post by felicia »

PM sent