Conflict and fix I stumbled upon VSO Downloader 3

download audio/video streaming

Moderators: Maggie, JJ, alexia, LouisM, Forum admin

Apache-=CW=-

Conflict and fix I stumbled upon VSO Downloader 3

Post by Apache-=CW=- »

Hi
I am new to the forums so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area. I wanted to share a conflict that I discovered, and the solution that took me awhile to find.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit service pack 1 and have both wired and wireless adapters in my machine.
The conflict seems to revolve around three programs, which are Vmware Player 5.0, Real Player Plus and VSO 2/3.
All three will work properly together installed on the same machine.

Here's where the trouble begins.
If you uninstall Vmware Player, it will destroy the network detection by VSO Downloader, and oddly if
you reinstall Vmware player VSO Downloader will still not work. Nothing will fix VSO Downloader once
it stops working, Uninstalling it/reinstalling it does not help either. I've tried cleaning the registry
etc...

So for a few months I gave up on using the program. Then this weekend I had another set of
unrelated issues and decided to restore my computer using an image of the hard drive I made awhile back.
The image was made prior to the conflict, and all three programs were working. I was very reluctant to remove
Vmware player because I knew it would make VSO stop working. But this morning I did, mostly because the
"bridged" connection that Vmware makes slows the internet connection slightly. After doing so VSO stopped
working. But I also noticed that Real Player downloader stopped working too. I had never really used Real Player
to download but figured I would use that until I could figure out how to get VSO working again.

My Solution that worked.
Then I started to think, I remember having issues with Real Player and Itunes, in Real Player Plus it installs
a program called SpeedBit. So I uninstalled Real Player, and VSO went back to working without me having to do anything
else!

So for now I am using VSO DOwnloader and VSO Media Player instead of Real Player.

Hope this helps someone...
Peace

Apache-=CW=-