Burn Init error

discussions about ConvertXtoDVD latest versions, avi to dvd video converter software, burns videos from your PC to watch on your DVD with menus and subtitles.

Moderators: Cougar_II, ckhouston, JJ, Claire, Forum admin

Burn Init error

Postby mxduke » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:25 am

I get this message when Convertx try's to burn.
Only on DVD+R DL, Works just fine on DVD+R.

What does it mean?
Attachments
Inspector_Report_03-29-2009_23-13.txt
Drive and disc info
(1.86 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
ConvertXtoDVD.log
Convertx log
(9.48 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
mxduke
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am

Postby hansK » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:03 am

Hi mxduke,

I do not know why it gives this error but the converted file (4251 Mb) fits on a single layer disc.

Regards,
hansK
User avatar
hansK
VSO Fanatic
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby mxduke » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:50 am

Sure, but I also tried a 7.9gig file to no avail.
I've made sure, by the inspector report above, that my burner and media matched.

I also made an ISO and tried to burn it with CopytoDVD and got an error.

Convertx can burn +R DL, right?
mxduke
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am

Postby JoeB » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:15 am

mxduke wrote:Sure, but I also tried a 7.9gig file to no avail.
I've made sure, by the inspector report above, that my burner and media matched.

I also made an ISO and tried to burn it with CopytoDVD and got an error.

Convertx can burn +R DL, right?


First, yes - ConvertX can burn +R DL discs.

However, there may be some confusion gong on here.

HansK was trying to tell you that the converted file, which came in under 4.2gb after conversion, would fit nicely on a single layer disc, so questioning why you were wasting a more expensive DL disc to burn it on.

Second, the size of the file before conversion is not relevant. When you said you tried burning a 7.9gb file, was this the size of the file before conversion or after?

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB
 
Posts: 4348
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Canada

Postby mxduke » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am

After conversion.
I probably should have posted that log instead, but I tried the smaller file just to see if size was a problem.

No offence was intended towards HansK. I'm just at a loss here.

I will try to convert to iso and log the error I get with CopytoDVD and post it. Maybe it will help.
mxduke
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am

Postby JoeB » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:07 am

mxduke wrote:After conversion.
I probably should have posted that log instead, but I tried the smaller file just to see if size was a problem.

No offence was intended towards HansK. I'm just at a loss here.

I will try to convert to iso and log the error I get with CopytoDVD and post it. Maybe it will help.


It might not hurt to also post the log for the conversion that came out with the 7.9gb size.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB
 
Posts: 4348
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Canada

Postby mxduke » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 am

Well, I don't understand it, But if I convert the files, then go back and burn the already compleated project, it works fine.

But if I set the program on autopilot and let it try to burn imedeatly after conversion, it fails.

It work, I just have to work around it. I'm happy with that.
mxduke
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am

Postby JoeB » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 am

mxduke wrote:Well, I don't understand it, But if I convert the files, then go back and burn the already compleated project, it works fine.

But if I set the program on autopilot and let it try to burn imedeatly after conversion, it fails.

It work, I just have to work around it. I'm happy with that.


I NEVER set the program on autopilot to burn after conversion. Sometimes conversions don't work out 100%, and you end up with audio or subtitle sync issues, and burning right after conversion means a wasted disc.

I ALWAYS view the converted file in a software program first (I use GOM Player) and watch a few scenes, skipping forward to ensure that sync is consistant throughout the movie. If it looks good and audio sounds good, then I use ConvertX to Burn Existing DVD.

Regards,

JoeB
JoeB
 
Posts: 4348
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Canada

Postby mxduke » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 am

thats good to know, thanks
mxduke
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am


Return to ConvertXtoDVD old version 3.x

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests