2 Bugs (v1.5.0.40)

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mue.mat

2 Bugs (v1.5.0.40)

Post by mue.mat »

Hello
Now I have been trying out a long time to understand ConvertXtoVideo better. The best way to find out how it works, is to try out with several different settings due to my converting "wishes".
Most features are excellent, but now I can say nearly for sure that there are still 2 bugs:

1. Selecting custom profile for BluRay-conversion I don't want to copy video codec to adjust for example brightness of the video. When I'm selecting BluRay-container I should like to have a resolution of 1280x720 (as original file). Saving this custom profile, resolution goes automatically back to BluRay-resolution of 1920x1080. But I don't want to upscale the converted video, but there is only a HD-resolution (1920x1080) possible in custom BluRay profile, even when selecting lower resolution (f.e. H.264 720p).

2. Most subtitles are not complete (missing parts) in converted video. But in preview window subtitle is shown correctly and 100% complete, but in final video after conversion there are missing about 5% of the whole subtitle text. I tried out every possible codec (for the languages German, Portuguese and English). All the same, there a missing parts. I also tried out different subtitle files (srt, ass, sub). All the same, there are missing parts. This issue only happens if the subtitle is "selectable". The strange thing is, when subtitles are "hardcoded" (--> custom profile -> copy (remux) subtitle), subtitles are shown perfectly in converted BluRay-video.

Maybe there will be some answer and help?

Kind regards

mue.mat
Claire
VSO Team Member

Re: 2 Bugs (v1.5.0.40)

Post by Claire »

1) I confirm the problem
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=9712

2) can you post or send me the subtitles you having a problem with. If you post your conversion log too that would also help.

Thanks!
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

How can I get the log file?
I see only older log files...
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

logs are stored here you can sort by date
C:\ProgramData\VSO\ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate\1\Log
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

...my log file
Attachments
ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate 1_mainlog_.20150409.230128.798.log
(7.42 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Last edited by mue.mat on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

...the subtitle file (srt) I can't upload. There comes a message: "prohibited"
So I have just changed the extension "srt" to "txt".
After download you have to rechange to "srt".

For example there is missing text after 1 min and 25 sec after conversion to BluRay structure.

Thanks for your help

mue.mat
Attachments
a.d.the.bible.continues.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-bajskorv.txt
(38.02 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Thanks, I got the file and converted to blu-ray 480 and see the subtitles appearing (all of them) fine around 1m25s.

The problem must be somewhere else.
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

During conversion, in preview window subtitle is shown correctly and 100% complete, but after conversion there are missing about 5% of the whole subtitle text, like after 1 min 25 sec.
It only happens with "softcoded" subtitles (selectable), "hardcoded" the subtitles are 100% complete. It doesn't matter converted video watching with VLC player or with burnt BluRay-disc: 5% of subtitle text are missing. Sometimes there are missing whole parts or just one line (instead of 2 lines of subtitle text).
I checked the subtitle with other video conversion software (only hardcoded subtitles possible), and the subtitles came out perfectly. So, this problem only exists with selectable (softcoded) subtitles. First I thought that the problem exists due to the framerate converting the subtitles. But I also changed the framerate of the subtitle, but still missing 5% of the subtitle text.
By the way: the problem not only accurs with this specific subtitle. All subtitles are not converted smoothliy if "softcoded" is selected.
Thanks for trying hard solving the problem
Regards
mue.mat
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I would think we should be able to reproduce the problem.
Maybe it also depends on the video file?
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hi Claire

I've sent you a personal message.

Regards

mue.mat
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

I wish I could reproduce even with the info you have sent but so far I have not been able to, please see my last private messages to you.
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hello Claire

I just have sent you a private message.
The problem seems in fact to be the small "millisecond-tolerance" of ConvertXtoVideo switching from one subtitle line to another.

Regards

mue.mat
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello mue.mat,

The problem is that your subtitle file has been designed for an NTSC video (30Fps), that mean timestamp between end/start subtitles are at least one frame duration (1/30= 33ms)
The video you're using as input is 24Fps, that mean one frame duration is bigger (1/24 = 41ms) and susbtitle overlap can occur.

Can you try to convert your video/subtitles using a 30Fps output format for test?
You will need to create a custom profile using Blu-ray as container, H264 as codec and 30000/1001 as framerate.

I will check if we can hold this case... (I think yes)

Regards,
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hello Cedric

I just tried out with custom profile using Blu-ray as container, H264 as codec and 30000/1001 as framerate.
Unfortunately, when I'm saving this custom container with 30 fps and H264 720p, ConvertXtoVideo doesn't "allow" neither a framerate 30 nor a resolution of 720p.
The converted video has a 23,98 Framerate (even selected 30 Fps) and a HD-resolution (1080p, even selected 720p). Strange, but this bug happens a lot.

Bye the way, how could you confirm that subtitle file has a 30 Fps? It shows me all the time a framerate of 25.

Sorry I could not try out a video output with 30 Fps, but ConvertXtoVideo didn't allow me.

Regards
mue.mat
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I was able to reproduce the problem.
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=9724
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Actually what I reported as a bug might not be one, as when I play the output with VMP or PowerDVD all the subtitles are there.

With VLC I have missing subtitles but perhaps this is a bug more on VLC side.

What player are you using?
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

I'm using VLC, but it's not the problem. Even converted video burnt on BluRay-Disc doesn't show all subtitle text.
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »

Yes we will try and fix the bug as Cedric confirms it will still be an issue on living room Blu-ray players.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

New beta version is out (1.6.0.0)...

I'm waiting for your feedback...

Regards,
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hello
I'v just tried out new beta version v1.6.0.0
1. Selecting custom profile for BluRay-conversion I don't want to copy video codec to adjust for example brightness of the video. When I'm selecting BluRay-container I should like to have a resolution of 1280x720 (as original file). Saving this custom profile, resolution goes automatically back to BluRay-resolution of 1920x1080. But I don't want to upscale the converted video, but there is only a HD-resolution (1920x1080) possible in custom BluRay profile, even when selecting lower resolution (f.e. H.264 720p).
--> resolved, works perfectly now!
2. Most subtitles are not complete (missing parts) in converted video. But in preview window subtitle is shown correctly and 100% complete, but in final video after conversion there are missing about 5% of the whole subtitle text. I tried out every possible codec (for the languages German, Portuguese and English). All the same, there a missing parts. I also tried out different subtitle files (srt, ass, sub). All the same, there are missing parts. This issue only happens if the subtitle is "selectable". The strange thing is, when subtitles are "hardcoded" (--> custom profile -> copy (remux) subtitle), subtitles are shown perfectly in converted BluRay-video.
--> resolved, works perfectly now!

3. To get better conversion results I tried out TOGETHER "2-pass-encoding" and "Use best video quality settings" for BluRay-conversion (software encoding).
Unfortunately using these 2 settings TOGETHER, after about 75% of first pass encoding, ConvertXtoVideo is CRASHING.
What shall I do? I tried out with several movie files including subtitles. Every time: CRASH!

--> I'm about to try it out; if no answert within the next 60 min --> works perfectly!

Regards
mue.mat