2 Bugs (v1.5.0.40)

Free video converter, convert from any format to any format, mkv to avi, m2ts to avi, mp4, h264, mts, wmv, mov, DVD, etc.

Moderators: Maggie, ckhouston, JJ, Phil, alexia, Forum admin

mue.mat

Re: 2 Bugs (v1.5.0.40)

Post by mue.mat »

Correction!

Still 2 bugs left:

1. Softcoded Subtitles STILL ABOUT 5% MISSING; I tried out with another movie. Again only working with subtitle correction ("time repair" up to 100ms) --> after that: working fine

2. I tried out now "2-pass-encoding" and "Use best video quality settings" (both settings TOGETHER) for BluRay-conversion (software encoding).
Unfortunately using these 2 settings TOGETHER, this time there is no crashing, but THERE IS NO "2-PASS-ENCODING" (only "Use best video quality settings").
That means the combination of "2-pass-encoding" and "Use best video quality settings" is still not possible.

Kind regards

mue.mat
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello mue.mat,

Thank you for your tests and reports!
Can you please post some subtitle .srt files you're using?

I will investigate more with them...

Thank you!
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Subtitle uploaded...

Regards
mue.mat
Attachments
Subtitle_srt.txt
(37.33 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Hello mue.mat,
1. Softcoded Subtitles STILL ABOUT 5% MISSING; I tried out with another movie. Again only working with subtitle correction ("time repair" up to 100ms) --> after that: working fine
This problem should be finally fixed in next beta version (coming soon)
2. I tried out now "2-pass-encoding" and "Use best video quality settings" (both settings TOGETHER) for BluRay-conversion (software encoding).
Unfortunately using these 2 settings TOGETHER, this time there is no crashing, but THERE IS NO "2-PASS-ENCODING" (only "Use best video quality settings").
That means the combination of "2-pass-encoding" and "Use best video quality settings" is still not possible.
I intentionally disabled the 2 pass encoding option because I needed to work on it. 2 pass encoding will be back in next beta version too...

Regards,
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Thanks, but have you seen, that actually in new version before conversion to BluRay structure, audio line is perfectly synchronous, after conversion audio line is slightly asynchronous.
It happens nearly with every movie and audio line.
That's quite annoying, because older versions never had this problem and convertxtovideo was very reliable in this matter. But now, in new version there's a bug converting audio line and leads to asynchronity.
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

Yes, I seen this problem:
http://bugs.vso-software.fr/view.php?id=9758

Regards,
cedric
VSO Team Member

Post by cedric »

New beta version posted BUT, double pass encoding need more attention and is always disabled in this version...

Waiting for your feedback about all other feature request/bugs you reported.

Thanks.
mue.mat

Post by mue.mat »

Hello

I have just tried out new beta version 1.6.0.1. My feedback:

1. 0009758: [Bug] Audio/Video sync problem: output is in sync at the beginning, but diverge after (cedric) - resolved.

--> Resolved! Works fine!

2. 0009724: [Bug] some subtitles missing when converting srt to blu-ray subtitles (cedric) - resolved.

--> NOT RESOLVED! Subtitle text still missing. You'll get a private message with sample files to resolve again.

3. After conversion movie to BluRay structure with 2 softcoded subtitles, playing movie in BluRay player there doesn't appear the LANGUAGE of the subtitles (even I chose the adequate language in ConvertXtoVideo). In versions before there appeared language of subtitles as I chose in software.

--> NOT RESOLVED! Watching the converted movie with BluRay-player, subtitle language is not shown (only "UND" = "Undefined")

4. Request: A simple BluRay menu page background.

--> NOT RESOLVED! Maybe in next beta version?

Thanks for your answer and regards

mue.mat
Claire
VSO Team Member

Post by Claire »